• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do you think christianity and spiritualism can work together?Yes or no?

Colt

Do you think christianity and spiritualism can work together?Yes or no?For me it's no.Because of me being methodist.:)
Of course, Jesus was a Liberal spiritual teacher. The original Gospel of the Kingdom liberated believers from institutional religion.

vulcanlogician

What do you think spiritualism is, Frank?

Has this question been answered yet, @Frank Goad ?

What is the definition of spiritualism that we're working with? It can be a working definition... whatever was intended in the OP. But it's hard to say if it could work with Christianity before knowing exactly what is meant when you use the term.

Btw, Sgt. Pepper, what definition did you adopt when you said: "Yes, I believe that Christianity and spiritualism can work together. I know some Christians who are spiritualists."...?

Frank Goad

Yes, I believe that Christianity and spiritualism can work together. I know some Christians who are spiritualists.

What do you think spiritualism is, Frank?

Has this question been answered yet, @Frank Goad ?

What is the definition of spiritualism that we're working with? It can be a working definition... whatever was intended in the OP. But it's hard to say if it could work with Christianity before knowing exactly what is meant when you use the term.

Btw, Sgt. Pepper, what definition did you adopt when you said: "Yes, I believe that Christianity and spiritualism can work together. I know some Christians who are spiritualists."...?

I am talking about the stuff like on crossing over with john edwards.:)

vulcanlogician

I am talking about the stuff like on crossing over with john edwards.:)

I see.

Well, the charlatans from both arenas might get together and create a broad-based money making scheme. But I don't think Christianity as a whole will embrace spiritualism (or vice versa).

idea

Question Everything
People from all faiths and backgrounds work together all the time. Where I work we are quite diverse - diversity works.

In nature, a field of say - just corn and nothing else, the soil is leached, insects multiply, disease spreads. Contrasted with naturally diverse uncultivated areas - diverse plants = diverse bugs who keep themselves in check, healthy soil.

Everyone can work together, a little healthy competition, same goals to support one another too.

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
Do you think christianity and spiritualism can work together?Yes or no?For me it's no.Because of me being methodist.:)
Necromancy, or the practice of interacting with the dead, is forbidden in the Torah. Given, Christians pick and choose which of these laws they think are still in force. However, historically, Christians have said that the prohibition of consulting the dead is forbidden.

Hamilton

Yes, I believe that Christianity and spiritualism can work together. I know some Christians who are spiritualists.

I have never heard this kind of thing happing before.Can you give examples?:)
Donna Clements of Thundersley Christian Spiritualist Church.