• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do You Support the Humane Cosmetics Act?

Nous

Premium Member
I support whichever act makes women less obsessed with useless makeup products.
The Humane Cosmetics Act is not intended to make "women less obsessed with useless makeup products." It is intended to prohibit senselessly using animals for testing of cosmetics. Do you support that? If not, why not?

VioletVortex

The Humane Cosmetics Act is not intended to make "women less obsessed with useless makeup products." It is intended to prohibit senselessly using animals for testing of cosmetics. Do you support that? If not, why not?

Yes, but like the makeup being tested on dogs, the act addresses the problem on a superficial level.

SabahTheLoner

Master of the Art of Couch Potato Cuddles
I don't agree with that sort of animal testing because it hurts animals that didn't do anything wrong in very upsetting ways. I'm a bit of an empath when it comes to things like that but there's also some general moral dilemmas and such that the general human population should consider. IMO, harming animals should only be justified if the animal is aggressive and attacking people indiscriminately, and even then killing it should be quick and minimize suffering. And in general, making animals suffer is upsetting not to mention inconvenient.

Nous

Premium Member
I don't agree with that sort of animal testing because it hurts animals that didn't do anything wrong in very upsetting ways. I'm a bit of an empath when it comes to things like that but there's also some general moral dilemmas and such that the general human population should consider. IMO, harming animals should only be justified if the animal is aggressive and attacking people indiscriminately, and even then killing it should be quick and minimize suffering. And in general, making animals suffer is upsetting not to mention inconvenient.
I agree with every sentence.

Nous

Premium Member
By the way, in response to clicking and sending NEAVES' petition letter, I just got a multi-paragraph email from my Representative explaining why he supports the Humane Cosmetic Act. I must say that's quite gratifying.

Mister Emu

Emu Extraordinaire
Staff member
Premium Member
In some ways, the manner in which we treat animals is barbaric and unfitting for people who call themselves human. I absolutely support this measure.

esmith

Veteran Member
I'm paranoid now that people didn't realize I was joking.
Got to be careful here. There are some that do not have a sense of humor nor grasp humor. In addition I have discovered that one should use an emoji expressing humor to insure you CYA

Nous

Premium Member
As a non-citizen, its not proper for me to sign. But good to see that India has already instituted the law.
As long as you live in the US you are free and welcomed to petition the representatives of your district or state. In fact, in some places it used to be that you didn't need to be a citizen to legally vote.