• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do you support big businesses?

Do you support big businesses

• Yes

Votes: 10 58.8%
  • No

Votes: 7 41.2%

• Total voters

PureX

Veteran Member
PureX, I was never taught any of this. It's not like I can't see what you are talking. I don't deny that such things exist or that what you are saying has NO merit. I think it does. I just really think you are painting it broader then it really is. If in fact it is as large a problem as you say, then I'd be right there trying to figure out a solution to it.
One of the reasons that I talk about corporate greed in broad terms is to implicate ourselves in it without expressly pointing fingers. The fact is that corporations like Wal-Mart that exemplify corporate greet in it's most common forms are being supported by us, because of our own greed and ignorance. And this is why I believe we need to be taught, or re-taught what commerce really is, and what it is not (exploitation). Because if we, the buying public understood clearly the difference between commerce and exploitation, and we chose to support the former and discourage the latter, commercial practices would change over night without one single law ever having to be written.

There is one force that all corporations fear, and it certainly is not the government, it's the public's buying power. A boycott will take down even the most powerful corporation on Earth in very short order. But the heart and soul of the power of boycott is unity. And it's very difficult to unite people against their own greed to break the greedy stranglehold that these big corporations have on us. The solution has to begin with ourselves, and that's why I think we really need to understand the poor ethics and the disastrous consequences of allowing exploitation to call itself commerce. ON ANY SCALE OR LEVEL. The scope of this problem is huge, because commerce is everywhere, and effect us all, constantly, and directly.