• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do you snap, crackle, and pop?

Cacotopia

Let's go full Trottle
What pops with a resounding crack on your body. If I am holding my iPad for maybe 10 minutes, my elbows crack freakishly loud. My knees give an audible pop as well, I can close my fists and crack my knuckles, I pop the digits at every joint intersection in my fingers, curl my back slowly to hear a line of pops going up my spine and toss the head to the right and left to crack my neck,

I never use outside force except on my fingers to pop something though. Roll my shoulders to hear a muffle popping noise. Movement alone causes the explosions of gas within my joints. My doc says this is normal apparently.

Are your bodies a sickly singing chorus of cracks and pops?

Oh and from mire wire sculpting days, a tendon snaps loudly over one of my meta carpels when I move my wrist a certain way. Strange.

Cacotopia

Let's go full Trottle
I guess you can't add personal vids from yer phone, I made a little clip of my wrist snapping, eh, it's not pleasant to see cause you can see the bones shifting around in there, not painful at all, just a disturbingly loud dull popping noise.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Brother!......long time no hear from you!

when I was soooooooo much younger
my knees would pop loud with any deep reach to the ground

I could grab the ball joint of my large toes and give a twist.....pop

in the hey day of my ability
I tilt my head toward one shoulder
turn my chin in a spiral upward
and all the bones from back to skull would go for it
turn to the other shoulder and spiral the other way
more of the same

and people would ask.....Dude!......you ok?????!!!!!!

the lower spine would release from hip bone to rib cage with a twist
both ways

nowadays......with gray hair coming on....
hardly a pop to be heard

Audie

Veteran Member
No telling what savage and unnatural things
people might start filming and uploading.

Audie

Veteran Member
Brother!......long time no hear from you!

when I was soooooooo much younger
my knees would pop loud with any deep reach to the ground

I could grab the ball joint of my large toes and give a twist.....pop

in the hey day of my ability
I tilt my head toward one shoulder
turn my chin in a spiral upward
and all the bones from back to skull would go for it
turn to the other shoulder and spiral the other way
more of the same

and people would ask.....Dude!......you ok?????!!!!!!

the lower spine would release from hip bone to rib cage with a twist
both ways

nowadays......with gray hair coming on....
hardly a pop to be heard

Try those antics now and you might not survive.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Try those antics now and you might not survive.
wish I COULD......!

I feel soooooo stiff nowadays

I once could kick your face while standing right in front of you

now the best I can do is make peace and shake your hand

Thief

Rogue Theologian
now...all kidding aside....

early April my back 'popped'.....and I didn't like it
two days later the inflammation came on.......hard!!!!

trying to get ahead of the pain I swallowed 6,000mg of aspirin
and almost 400mg of caffeine
in less than 8hrs

that night as I lay still wishing the pain away
I noticed my breathing was misbehaving

at the bottom of the exhale, my chest would squeeze a little more....then hold
before releasing for inhale

not good

I recovered by doing a LOT of stretching
and limping like an old man for about 3wks

I feel much better now

that one particular 'spot' just above the hip bone/one side of the spine
is the only part of my back that will still 'pop'

but each occasion is closer to greater relief

I reason this way......
if I do it on purpose.....twisting and stretching.....
ok

I was flexing and exerting when the pop went bad
strong torque and a sudden release of the bolt
not good

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
Snap crackle pop...good morning....or getting out of a chair, or getting out of the car, or exercising, or moving my hands/fingers/thumbs/ankles/knees laying down....it is just one of the joys of aging

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
What pops with a resounding crack on your body. If I am holding my iPad for maybe 10 minutes, my elbows crack freakishly loud. My knees give an audible pop as well, I can close my fists and crack my knuckles, I pop the digits at every joint intersection in my fingers, curl my back slowly to hear a line of pops going up my spine and toss the head to the right and left to crack my neck,

I never use outside force except on my fingers to pop something though. Roll my shoulders to hear a muffle popping noise. Movement alone causes the explosions of gas within my joints. My doc says this is normal apparently.

Oh and from mire wire sculpting days, a tendon snaps loudly over one of my meta carpels when I move my wrist a certain way. Strange.

I can't abide the sound of cracking joints, perhaps reminds me of the noise of shattering my elbow as a child. Some memories stay with you for life.

Having said that, after sitting for a while then moving position an ankle or both will crack or a knee will explode.

My son cracks his knuckles making me shiver, which makes him laugh

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I can't abide the sound of cracking joints, perhaps reminds me of the noise of shattering my elbow as a child. Some memories stay with you for life.

Having said that, after sitting for a while then moving position an ankle or both will crack or a knee will explode.

My son cracks his knuckles making me shiver, which makes him laugh
For your edification....

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
I'm only 62 and the years of doing Hatha yoga have served me well. I am as limber today as I was when I was 20. :) It's really handy when I am gardening because I can twist myself into all sorts of weird positions to get at the nasty weeds.

Cacotopia

Let's go full Trottle
My joints pop even when I don't try to pop em, and when I don't pop em, they get stiff until I do.

Perhaps its the benign hypotonia I got going, which is the hyper elasticity of of my ligaments and tendons. I almost never stretch but I can still palm the floor, and I'm a bit of a fatty too, put my feet behind my head blah blah. Impact activities not so great, things tend to slip out of place. On the bright side however, the chances of me tearing or ripping anything is extremely low.

Milton Platt

Age does things.......I can now sneeze, fart, and pee at the same time........