• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do you see your spells as actual witchcraft or just highly ritualized prayer

GoodbyeDave

I've always been puzzled by that aspect of Wicca. If you try to train in ceremonial magic (or magick) it involves great effort: it was certainly too much for me! Yet the books give the impression that within a year of joining a coven, you're casting real spells. In the other hand, if you're just praying, why would the gods expect you to have all that paraphernalia?

Bret2140

why would the gods expect you to have all that paraphernalia?

Well its an artform (in my opinion) the candles represent things, the motions represent things, chants, cords, etc., etc.

Not really the actions themselves doing the work, rather than the actions being done describing in a symbolic language what it is you want done.

But thats just my theory.

Sees

Dragonslayer
I'm not Christian or Wiccan but as far as magic there is a whole lot going on that does take time to experience and understand... More esoteric things a book, website, post, etc. could only point towards at best.

When we look at the power of intent and will we can see how things influence it. Since we are interconnected as a foundation for most all pagan/nature-based traditions our environment effects our parts of inner self - there is a communion and relationship.

If only it was to get in the best possible mindset and fully channel our own and other power/energy it is reason enough but there is much, much more :D

The Neo Nerd

Well its an artform (in my opinion) the candles represent things, the motions represent things, chants, cords, etc., etc.

Not really the actions themselves doing the work, rather than the actions being done describing in a symbolic language what it is you want done.

But thats just my theory.

Your philosophy is very close to chaos magick.

I can link you some stuff if you are interested.

-Q