• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do you see other human beings as enemy?

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Why do people see some people as their enemy?
I just dont get it.
i believe it has to do with imprinting and first impressions.

Definition of Imprinting, psychological

a person tends to be fearful of things that they aren't familiar with. like a christian fearful of a moslem, or a moslem fearful of a christian.

studies have shown that a dog that has been traumatized is more likely to stay in a familiar situation vs changing it's situation for the unknown.

Childhood Trauma Leads to Brains Wired for Fear

Last edited:

bobhikes

Nondetermined
Premium Member
I just dont get it.

Then you are either uninformed or lead a sheltered life.

I would guess you never had your home invaded and family or yourself threatened.
I would guess you don't live in a country invaded by outsiders for beliefs that have killed family and friends and destroyed whole villages.
I would guess you are not the wrong skin color in an area where that skin color is constantly belittled and wronged even jailed just for being the wrong color.
I would guess you are not the wrong religion see above
I would guess you are not the wrong sex in a country that takes away your very basic rights just because you are not the sex in power.
I would guess you are not LBGT in a country where it is illegal to be so.

Besides this people are individual no 2 are the same. Are you saying that you can only understand your own beliefs and not understand people different from you.

Last edited:

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Then you are either uninformed or lead a sheltered life.

I would guess you never had your home invaded and family or yourself threatened.
I would guess you don't live in a country invaded by outsiders for beliefs that have killed family and friends and destroyed whole villages.
I would guess you are not the wrong skin color in an area where that skin color is constantly belittled and wronged even jailed just for being the wrong color.
I would guess you are not the wrong religion see above
I would guess you are not the wrong sex in a country that takes away your very basic rights just because you are not the sex in power.
I would guess you are not LBGT in a country where it is illegal to be so.

Besides this people are individual no 2 are the same. Are you saying that you can only understand your own beliefs and not understand people different from you.
No i say i hold no hate toward others.

osgart

Nothing my eye, Something for sure
Very hard to love what is against you, and for no reason they are against you.

There are people out there that hate you for having the wrong look, in the wrong part of town.

I would love to say human nature is above pettiness, but so often, this isnt true.

Then there are those that are glad to help ya out for no reason other then being kind. That makes it easy to care.

So i can relate to the fact that we live in the animal kingdom.

I also can relate to the fact that there are very genuine people out there, that have seen the light of the compassionate way.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I just dont get it.
Sometimes one actually has enemies.
I've had a few.
Think about it.....who could be out to get one?
An irrational need for revenge, vengeful acts, leading to enmity.
Family

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Very hard to love what is against you, and for no reason they are against you.

There are people out there that hate you for having the wrong look, in the wrong part of town.

I would love to say human nature is above pettiness, but so often, this isnt true.

Then there are those that are glad to help ya out for no reason other then being kind. That makes it easy to care.

So i can relate to the fact that we live in the animal kingdom.

I also can relate to the fact that there are very genuine people out there, that have seen the light of the compassionate way.
What other think or say about me is their view and opinion, no need to hate them for that, if they disagree with me that is ok, i dont blame them