• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do you see it or feel it?

Do you see or feel Morality is declining?

• Yes

Votes: 12 48.0%
  • No

Votes: 16 64.0%
  • Don't care about moral

Votes: 1 4.0%

• Total voters

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
Reasons for the superiority of titanium morality.....
- Carbon fiber is brittle, & the matrix material (typically epoxy) has an unknown life.
- Aluminum doesn't have an infinite fatigue like (unlike TI, with its hexagonal close pack crystal structure).
- Steel corrodes easily (unlike TI).
- Magnesium corrodes even more readily than steel.
Why is cromoly morality inferior to titanium?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Why is cromoly morality inferior to titanium?
TI has....
- Greater corrosion resistance.
(This also allows it to be unpainted, giving it that beauteous nickel-like color, while further reducing weight.)
- Greater strength to weight ratio.
- Greater elastic energy absorption capability.k
(This is because of its lower elastic modulus allows more elastic deformation before reaching yield strength.)

Note:
Both steel & TI are hexagonal close pack crystals, which is associated with
infinite fatigue life for cyclic stresses below half of ultimate tensile strength.
So steel is also a fine material from which to fabricate morality.

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
TI has....
- Greater corrosion resistance.
(This also allows it to be unpainted, giving it that beauteous nickel-like color, while further reducing weight.)
- Greater strength to weight ratio.
- Greater elastic energy absorption capability.k
(This is because of its lower elastic modulus allows more elastic deformation before reaching yield strength.)

Note:
Both steel & TI are hexagonal close pack crystals, which is associated with
infinite fatigue life for cyclic stresses below half of ultimate tensile strength.
So steel is also a fine material from which to fabricate morality.

Cromoly needs paint... yup, i forgot about that. Thanks.

Jumi

Yes i see it become more and more, Norway has been a calm country, But now there is rape and murder almost every weekend, that did not happen 30 years ago
We also get more news about rape. It's also partly due to the fact that 10-30 years back the blame was shifted on victims and it was shameful in itself to be raped. A lot less reporting and less convictions back then.

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
Rubber.
I can't be trusted with anything sharp.
I sharpen my shovels...

Certainly you can be trusted with shovels, rakes, and other "implements of destruction"

Sorry for the shameless arlo guthrie reference... i couldn't resist.

"I don't want a pickle... just wanna ride on my motor-cy...cle"

Last edited:

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I sharpen my shovels...

Certainly you can be trusted with shovels, rakes, and other "implements of destruction"

Sorry for the shameless arlo guthrie reference... i couldn't resist.

"I don't want a pickle... just wanna ride on my motor-cy...cle"
Well, I do sharpen my shovels (ones with gullets), machetes, & shears.

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
@Amanaki ,

Here's a link to a thread where i posted the Arlo Guthrie songs, "Motorcycle Song" and "Alice's Restaurant" that are refererenced in my previous post.

hyperlink >>> religiousforums.com - Tacky: a funny music thread

These are a slice of Americana, maybe you will enjoy them? Not sure, but they are interesting for historical perspective. Also, the second part of Alice's Restaurant has an anti-draft theme. You may appreciate the whimsical approach to pacifism. But to get the whole joke, you need to listen to part 1 as well.

Jumi

@Amanaki

After WW2 Finland had a pacifist defense minister, Yrjö Kallinen, for a few years (1946-1948), who was the first Finn to write a collection of essays on Zen Buddhism "Light of the East"... he was also part of the Free Thinkers, a generally humanist and atheist group though he argued for unity of religions. I don't know if his works have been translated but you might find him interesting.

During the Finnish civil war he was part of the workers ("reds"), but he was against arming red guards or armed insurrection. He was also against violence and revolution. For his role in the losing side of the war he was condemned to death 4 times, but even the bourgeiosie ("whites") argued for leniency and mercy on his behalf and he was given back his life and freedom. He was compared to Eduard Bernstein of Germany, another social democrat who made a direct break with Marx on revolution.

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
@Amanaki ,

Here's a link to a thread where i posted the Arlo Guthrie songs, "Motorcycle Song" and "Alice's Restaurant" that are refererenced in my previous post.

hyperlink >>> religiousforums.com - Tacky: a funny music thread

These are a slice of Americana, maybe you will enjoy them? Not sure, but they are interesting for historical perspective. Also, the second part of Alice's Restaurant has an anti-draft theme. You may appreciate the whimsical approach to pacifism. But to get the whole joke, you need to listen to part 1 as well.

Unfortunately, the link to Alice's Restaurant is broken. it is possible to do a search and find it, though.

I spent many a day listening to that side of the album (I guess that shows how old I am).

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
Unfortunately, the link to Alice's Restaurant is broken. it is possible to do a search and find it, though.

I spent many a day listening to that side of the album (I guess that shows how old I am).
That's a bummer... thanks for pointing it out.

I'll see if there's a better way to share this classic song.

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
But from a religious point of view i would say morality is declining. The wish i had with this threat was to gain insight to how people look at morality, But i understand i failed to find the answer

In my opinion Your thoughts are sound. The acceptable standard of Morality is the teachings given by God in each age through his Messengers. This is an ancient teaching that is never outdated;

We can see it in the Bhagavad Gita: Chapter 4, Verse 7

BG 4.7: "Whenever there is a decline in righteousness and an increase in unrighteousness, O Arjun, at that time I manifest myself on earth"

When man turns away from God, they turn away from righteousness and morality declines and this is when God sends a new Avatar to give a Message suited to that age, with the required Laws and Standards. This is the moral guidance.

Some popular worldly thoughts about morality, when man has turned away from God and the Messengers, is far from what is the required morality.

Regards Tony

Last edited:

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I voted yes and no.

Yes because I see morality ties into Gods Mesengers and that God sends his Messengers when Morality is at its lowest. The 1800's had reached a required turning point.

No because there has been a recent Messenger and Moral guidance for this age has been given. As such this guidance has permeated the minds of humainty and is slowly bringing about change for the better.

Regards Tony

The answer depends on one's moral compass. There are aspects of morality that have improved, while there are others than have deteriorated.

On that note it's probably stayed pretty much the same. Morality keeps pace with whatever people think is morally correct.