• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do you really see all muslims as evil people?

firedragon

Veteran Member
There is no historical evidence about Muhammad's life (other than that He existed and was believed to be a prophet) that I'm aware of, which is why in my opinion it is an unjustified claim to claim that Muhammad ended rape. In my opinion this is unknown.

No sex with war captives?

danieldemol

Premium Member
Baha’is have the utmost reverence for the Prophets of God and to my knowledge you are registered as a Bahá’í although you are saying online you have no religion.

Have you resigned from the Faith?
I have told all my Baha'i friends that I have met since quitting that I am no longer a Baha'i (this includes offline). Ask anyone who has met me since I have updated online to no religion.

You might know of my friend Bayan Shahed, he can testify that I have told him I am no longer Baha'i and I have updated my Facebook status to not religious as well.

Perish the thought that I am pretending online to have no religion whilst secretly being a Baha'i lol.

ETA although it is interesting that if someone was secretly Baha'i you would attempt to out them.

firedragon

Veteran Member
It is unknown whether or not the historical Muhammad had sex with war captives or allowed others to do so in my opinion.

So did you bring it up to show "what you dont know"?

Lets say I dont know anything about you. I just bring up "I dont know if you are a child molester, rapist, or something worse". Not something like "good guy" as an addition to those atrocities as an option. At least.

loverofhumanity

We are all the leaves of one tree
Premium Member
I have told all my Baha'i friends that I have met since quitting that I am no longer a Baha'i (this includes offline). Ask anyone who has met me since I have updated online to no religion.

You might know of my friend Bayan Shahed, he can testify that I have told him I am no longer Baha'i and I have updated my Facebook status to not religious as well.

Perish the thought that I am pretending online to have no religion whilst secretly being a Baha'i lol.

ETA although it is interesting that if someone was secretly Baha'i you would attempt to out them.

Thanks for clarifying that Daniel. Maybe you should let the NSA know as they likely still have you registered as a Bahá’í.

But it doesn’t matter. I’ll always respect you Bahá’í or not because your human. Im interested to know what changed your mind as it would give me insight into what you think is wrong. We have a lot to learn as Baha’is. It’s not just a matter of us going around telling people we can save the world. We need to learn from our mistakes.

I’m currently studying at Uni, actually 2 Universities just to improve my skills especially critical thinking so any pointers would be appreciated as you seem to think things through very well.

Thanks Daniel. You’re a good man and you’re father is awesome.

loverofhumanity

We are all the leaves of one tree
Premium Member
Thats the Iranian monarchy who the Bahai's claim persecuted Bahai's.

We have been persecuted for over 170 years in Iran now so monarchy or not makes little difference.

Here’s the thing. We believe that Ali was the legitimate successor to Muhammad, so Shiah is the sect we hold to be legitimate. But unfortunately they persecuted the Bab and Baha’u’llah and Baha’is so they have tarnished that legitimacy I would think.

danieldemol

Premium Member
So did you bring it up to show "what you dont know"?

Lets say I dont know anything about you. I just bring up "I dont know if you are a child molester, rapist, or something worse". Not something like "good guy" as an addition to those atrocities as an option. At least.
Actually @loverofhumanity attempted (albeit without intent and in my opinion) to hagiograph Muhammad by saying He ended rape, my response to that was essentially that hagiography is not based on any historical research as opposed to *bringing it up* as if I made the comment in a vacuum.

Muhammad has had many faithful followers historically that have alleged He had sex with his slave / allowed marital sex without consent.

When you find the same of me it will be in context to discuss whether or not these allegations are true, not true, or unknown.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
Knowing that some people in RF does not have a good view on muslims.

I was wondering.
1. Do you see every muslims as evil?
2. Do you see every muslim ad a terrorist?
3. How much do you actually know about Islam? And how much do you listen to news organizations and believe their covetage of islam?
1. Nope.
2. Nope.
3. I know more about Islam than the average stupid American does. I don't believe any news org unless I can verify it for myself.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Thats slanderous and defamatory. Muhammad is a Prophet of God.

Truth has a well known habit of so very often being slanderous and defamatory, even when it's politely stated.

For that matter, it usually speaks quietly, hesitantly -- so unlike the thunder of many clergy and most politicians, wouldn't you say?

firedragon

Veteran Member
We have been persecuted for over 170 years in Iran now so monarchy or not makes little difference.

Here’s the thing. We believe that Ali was the legitimate successor to Muhammad, so Shiah is the sect we hold to be legitimate. But unfortunately they persecuted the Bab and Baha’u’llah and Baha’is so they have tarnished that legitimacy I would think.

I know what you believe. Its the Shii narrative. You carry the same theological faith in the ancestry and the Imamate of the Shii's. Thats why every time the hatred towards the so called "Sunni Khalifate" is shown vehemently.

Anyway, this question was asked to show the double standards. There is no point because your knowledge on this is absolutely limited though you claim you have studied it. And also, your knowledge is purely from the Bahai narrative which is based on the Shii narrative.

Anyway, you missed the point of the post you are replying to. Thats why you said "monarchy or not makes little difference". Prior to responding with emotion LOH, read the context of the post you are replying to.

Peace.

firedragon

Veteran Member
Actually @loverofhumanity attempted (albeit without intent and in my opinion) to hagiograph Muhammad by saying He ended rape, my response to that was essentially that hagiography is not based on any historical research as opposed to *bringing it up* as if I made the comment in a vacuum.

Muhammad has had many faithful followers historically that have alleged He had sex with his slave / allowed marital sex without consent.

When you find the same of me it will be in context to discuss whether or not these allegations are true, not true, or unknown.

So LOH saying he ended rape made you bring up "sex with slaves"?

Nah. Not valid.

Anyway,

1. can you please cite the historical source for "Muhammad has had many faithful followers historically that have alleged He had sex with his slave / allowed marital sex without consent."?

2, And tell me why you trust it.