• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do you read Scripture every day?

Do you read Scripture every day as part of your daily sadhana? What areyou reading right now?

I try to commit myself to about a half an hour of reading. I am working on Sri Chaitanya-charitamrta (Pastimes of Sri Chaitanya), which is a Gaudiya-Vaishnava Scripture, as well as Srimad Bhagavata-purana.

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
Do you read Scripture every day as part of your daily sadhana? What areyou reading right now?

No, but I easily could. So much of scripture is on the internet, and I'm on the computer all day. I have 3 versions of the Bhagavad Gita alone in my Bookmarks. I could bring a book with me to work and read at lunch time, but it's not a habit I've formed (yet). I'm a haphazard reader.

Maija

I try to, not always everyday, but i do have things on my desk- to help me when i take breaks..apps on phone and prayer cards

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
I try to, not always everyday, but i do have things on my desk- to help me when i take breaks..apps on phone and prayer cards

What apps do you have? I love apps. :drool:

I have small framed pictures on my desk, and small laminated ones in my truck (lorry for those across the pond ;)). And I do have a few laminated and framed verses from the B.G. in my cubicle.

Maija

i dont know if they are the best ones out there, but one is called "Gita" and it has the full BG. The others My aarti and bhakti i dont use so much. i want one for the upanishads

Maija

Ooh, must look for! Thanks. :)

It also has an audio component which you can turn off and on. Im looking for something like that for bhajans, like a kirtan radio bt have yet to find it. Will search and let this thread now if i do find something worthwhile

Satyamavejayanti

I try to commit myself to about a half an hour of reading. I am working on Sri Chaitanya-charitamrta (Pastimes of Sri Chaitanya), which is a Gaudiya-Vaishnava Scripture, as well as Srimad Bhagavata-purana.

Well i read at least 2 hours a day, I don't read scriptures... but i do read the Gita, Veda, Upanishads (not at this moment), i have just finished Satyarth Prakasha and Aryavrta the original habitat of Aryan, i am just starting the Brahmasutra and have Purv Mimamsa to read next.

ratikala

Istha gosthi
namaskaram gaura priya , :namaste

Do you read Scripture every day as part of your daily sadhana? What are you reading right now?

after tidying the bookshelf yesterday I decided to take down sri siksastaka ,

I go through phases of reading something new then returning to old favorites , I often start to think about something or find my self telling someone about something so then I feel that I want to re read it , I have a habit of picking up a book and leting it fall open at a page see what it wants to tell me .
I am no jnani so I am not interested in systematic learning I am far more reflective , I simply wish to relish the meaning I might just read a verse and reflect upon that for the day :bow:

jai jai , :bow:

I am too scatter brain to keep my self to a ridgid reading program , I like to read with others or others to read to me :D I love it when someone knows a part so well that they read with real love we all know what is coming next but we sit transfixed like children , just drinking in the sweet words :)

but yes, I am reading often throughout the day , little here , little there , deppends what i have to be doing .