• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do you prefer the villains to win

paragon

I am perhaps one of the few people who likes it when the villain wins. One of my favorite films of all time is No Country for Old Men and I like it for this very reason. The villain does atrocious things and gets away and even kills the main hero of the film.
For some reason I cannot appreciate characters unless they are depraved and this especially goes for fantasy works where characters are given super human powers yet retain their moral behavior which I find to be utterly ludicrous.

Am I alone on this?

I prefer order to prevail, regardless of which "side" establishes it

Mitch M

Villains in movies and books are depicted as - getting away with doing things that are against the laws.

Some are finally caught after a long line of poor victims . / . Some are getting away and are Seen as Not so bad of a person, if they don't really hurt any women, children or animals OR hurt too many men. Other Villains are just Evil and get away with Everything, leaving Your blood boiling, wishing they were caught.

I think that People are entertained by the effects that these books and movies leave on their conscience.

Servant_of_the_One1

I prefer hero to win but at very high cost. Leg lost, ends in coma, family members killed. Just so that the fight was worth it.

I dont like happy endings.

Cacotopia

Let's go full Trottle
three year necro but who cares, I watched Rampage and it had a great end, guy plans and executes a mass murder spree, that begins with blowing up the police station with a remote control car fertilizer bomb, hunts cops down on the CB then walks around town killing as many people as he can, robs a bank then burns the money, then pins ALL of the crime on his "activist" friend and gets away scott free.

Not bad as far as pure evil winning the day all day long in the movie. Granted it made me pace around the room a few times cause of the horrors this guy committed during the film. I mean it was a straightforward massacre of innocent people.

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
The bad guys mostly 'win' in my stories. Or rather, are rarely caught.

My latest dies a natural albeit early death.

Craig Sedok

I am perhaps one of the few people who likes it when the villain wins. One of my favorite films of all time is No Country for Old Men and I like it for this very reason. The villain does atrocious things and gets away and even kills the main hero of the film.
For some reason I cannot appreciate characters unless they are depraved and this especially goes for fantasy works where characters are given super human powers yet retain their moral behavior which I find to be utterly ludicrous.

Am I alone on this?

The greatest beings and history marks were labeled as villains. You are not alone. lol