• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do you prefer light or darkness?

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
My first thought before I read the OP was

lucy.jpg

Right now I prefer light but at times of my life: darkness.

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
Do you like being under the sun?

During daytime, do you like sunlight creeping into your room through the windows?

In the night, do you prefer to stay in a fully illuminated room with bright lights?

In my case, i prefer staying indoors as long as the sun is up. Then when the night falls, me and my shadow wanders the empty streets. (No i'm not a vampire lol). I just find comfort in darkness.

What about you? :)

I don't dislike the sun, but, like you, I enjoy wandering the streets at night(though they're not always empty here).

The Crimson Universe

Both. Is that acceptable?

Sun during the summer months so I can get as much vitamin D as I can, and the cool of darkness in the winter months. They are both necessary for balance.

Like many here on RF I don't really hate the sun. A nice sunny morning in the winter feels really good. But i can't stand the summer sun. It completely drains the life outta me. :=)

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
Like many here on RF I don't really hate the sun. A nice sunny morning in the winter feels really good. But i can't stand the summer sun. It completely drains the life outta me. :=)

But you can't have summer nights without the summer sun...

Honestly, I just love summer.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Do you like being under the sun?

During daytime, do you like sunlight creeping into your room through the windows?

In the night, do you prefer to stay in a fully illuminated room with bright lights?

In my case, i prefer staying indoors as long as the sun is up. Then when the night falls, me and my shadow wanders the empty streets. (No i'm not a vampire lol). I just find comfort in darkness.

What about you? :)
I'm a cave dweller. Or a vampire.

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
Summer here is just too hot and humid. I sweat like crazy.
images

Where are you at?

It gets really hot and humid here, too. I think I handle it better than most, though. (On the flip side, I go to pieces in the cold, and it gets really cold here too).

The Crimson Universe

Where are you at?

It gets really hot and humid here, too. I think I handle it better than most, though. (On the flip side, I go to pieces in the cold, and it gets really cold here too).

Well, I was born in Keiv, Ukraine but when I was 3 or 4, we moved to India since my parents were really drawn towards the Hare Krishna movement. TBH i don't like what they preach. Its all about submitting yourself before Krishna and the monks of the temple. If you don't, then you're doomed to remain in the cycle of reincarnation and will never attain liberation. Their leader Prabhupada said many foul things about women and advaitins. So yeah, i don't like the Hare Krishnas much. Currently I'm staying in Calcutta, studying and learning more about Hinduism's Advaita sect. :)

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
Well, I was born in Keiv, Ukraine but when I was 3 or 4, we moved to India since my parents were really drawn towards the Hare Krishna movement. TBH i don't like what they preach. Its all about submitting yourself before Krishna and the monks of the temple. If you don't, then you're doomed to remain in the cycle of reincarnation and will never attain liberation. Their leader Prabhupada said many foul things about women and advaitins. So yeah, i don't like the Hare Krishnas much. Currently I'm staying in Calcutta, studying and learning more about Hinduism's Advaita sect. :)

I can see how summer heat in Calcutta would be oppressive.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
The sun hates me, it bullies me, it picks on me, it bothers my eyes and it burns me. It's a big jerk. And because bright lights in general bother my eyes I'd much rather prefer dark and low-lighting.