• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do you need help?

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I have learned a mantra from you @Geoff-Allen* and it is helping and I didn't understand it much until I read your piece about the shadow. To whom was I reciting this> I am sorry, please forgive me, thank you, I love you? To my shadow! :)

Also, when I put Jesus Christ above me, right above me, I will generate no shadow. It will be there, I know, but it will be sleeping. Sleeping is for a renewal. It will become my friend, I guess. :)

*from your posting this thread

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
I have learned a mantra from you @Geoff-Allen* and it is helping and I didn't understand it much until I read your piece about the shadow. To whom was I reciting this> I am sorry, please forgive me, thank you, I love you? To my shadow! :)

Also, when I put Jesus Christ above me, right above me, I will generate no shadow. It will be there, I know, but it will be sleeping. Sleeping is for a renewal. It will become my friend, I guess. :)

*from your posting this thread

I'm glad to have helped!

Whatever works for you ...

All the best!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
"Everyday Osho"

Here's an excerpt:

Become poetic

A poet comes to know certain things that are revealed only in a poetic relationship with reality.

The poet is foolish as far as worldly cleverness is concerned. He will never rise in the world of wealth and power. But in his poverty he knows a different kind of richness in life that nobody else knows.

Love is possible to a poet and God is possible to a poet. Only one who is innocent enough to enjoy the small things of life can understand that God exists, because God exists in the small things of life: he exists in the food you eat, he exists in the walk that you go for in the morning. God exists in the love that you have for your beloved, in the friendship that you have with somebody. God does not exist in the churches; churches are not part of poetry, they are part of politics.

Become more and more poetic. It takes guts to be poetic; one needs to be courageous enough to be called a fool by the world, but only then can one be poetic. And by being poetic I don't mean that you have to write poetry. Writing poetry is only a small, non-essential part of being poetic. One may be a poet and never write a single line of poetry, and one may write thousands of poems and still not be a poet.

Being a poet is a way of life. It is love for life, it is reverence for life, it is a heart-to-heart relationship with life.

More of Osho's thoughts on love - it's a huge site!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
"Happiness" by Matthieu Ricard.

You may not be aware that Ricard is known as the "world's happpiest man" - though he himself tends to scoff at such a title. :)

If you Google search world's happpiest man, you get some interesting results!

Here's one section from the book itself:

Everybody (or almost everybody) is interested in happiness. But who is interested in enlightement? The very word itself seems exotic, vague and distant. And yet ultimate well-being comes from fully eliminating delusions and mental toxins, and thus suffering. Enlightenment is what Buddhism calls the state of ultimate freedom that comes with a perfect knowledge of the nature of mind and of the world of phenomena. The traveler has awakened from the sleep of ignorance, and the distortions of the psyche have given way to a correct vision of reality. The divide between subject and object has vanished in the understanding of the interdependence of all phenomena. A state of non-duality has been achieved, above and beyond the fabrications of the intellect and invulnerable to afflictive thoughts. The sage has come to see that the individual self and the appearances of the world of phenomena have no intrinsic reality. He understands that all beings have the power to free themselves from ignorance and unhappiness, but that they don't know it. How could he fail to feel infinite and spontaneous compassion for all those who, spellbound by ignorance, wander lost in the trials of samsara?

A google search for matthieu ricard quotes tosses up a few!

A late teacher of mine, Shengdrak Rinpoche, lived on the mountainous border between Nepal and Tibet for more than thirty years. He told me that when he began his retreats as a teenager, he experienced some very hard years. His emotions were so powerful he thought he would go mad. And then, little by little, as he learned the various ways of dealing with the emotions, he acquired inner freedom. Ever since, every moment has been nothing but pure joy for him. And it showed! He was one of the most simple, light-hearted and comforting people I've ever met. I felt as if outward difficulties would slide off him like water off a rose petal. When he spoke, his eyes sparkled with delight and he gave such an impression of buoyancy that I expected him to fly off like a bird.

Few of us would regret the years it takes to complete an education or master a crucial skill. So why complain about the perseverance needed to become a well-balanced and truly compassionate human being.

So hope for us all! :)

Zen habits compassion!

Dalai compassion happiness

Tiny Buddha embrace our darkness

soulfulliving.com shadow work

The author's site - also some wonderful photos!

A 69-year-old monk who scientists call the 'world's happiest man' says the secret to being happy takes just 15 minutes per day

He's on YouTube too

A joyful mind

Great article about enlightenment - and why it's so rare so far in human history!

There are many meditations in the book - here is one I like called Tonglen

:)

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
HOW TO BE A BETTER PERSON

1. Forgive those who have offended you, even if they’re not sorry.

2. Thank those who have helped you, even if they’ve never thanked you for what you’ve done.

“You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.” ~James D. Miles

3. Be kind to those you need nothing from.

4. Care how strangers feel, even if they don’t care how you feel.

“Live in such a way that you would not be ashamed to sell your parrot to the town gossip.” ~Will Rogers

5. Weigh your words and actions and care how they impact others.

“Wisdom is knowing what to do next; virtue is doing it.” ~David Star Jordan

6. Never use lousy emotions to justify lousy behavior.

Plenty more from this page! -

45 Ways to Be a Better Person

Enjoy your day!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Pema Chodron is another teacher who encourages people to treat themselves with a little more kindness & compassion.

You can get a taste of her writing here -

Articles

Enjoy!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Find-people-who-can-handle-your-darkest-truths.png

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Each of us is one of a kind. When we cherish our eccentricities and celebrate our flaws, we begin to develop a deep love for ourselves just as we are. Instead of focusing on all the things wrong with us, self-celebration enables us to derive deep satisfaction from being uniquely us. Practice self-celebration by enjoying your awkward laugh or poking fun at your inability to remember people’s names.

Four Steps to Feeling Better about Yourself