• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do you love the Islamic God? (question to Atheists)

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Salam

I love fictional characters such as Batman.

My question to atheists is do you love the Islamic God?

If not, why not. If so, why so.

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member
Salam

Neither love nor hate. Leaves me cold.

Ciao

- viole

icehorse

......unaffiliated...... anti-dogmatist
Premium Member
As described in the Quran, "Allah" is a loathsome character.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
So is it wrong for me to conclude that you guys are either apathetic in wanting to know the Islamic God or maybe even averse? You don't want it to be the case that it exists or don't care?

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
Salam

IMO, love requires physicality.
Although one can imagine the existence of that physicality.
I don't imagine God so...

epronovost

So is it wrong for me to conclude that you guys are either apathetic in wanting to know the Islamic God or maybe even averse? You don't want it to be the case that it exists or don't care?

Well some of us do already know the Islamic God hence why some in the thread don't like him as a character of fiction.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
I think the world would be worse off if the Islamic God were to exist, but for me, it's about evidence... or the lack thereof.

If it weren't for the fact that a large proportion of the world's population practice Islam, the Islamic God would be about as laughably irrelevant to me as Kempenfelt Kelly (a purported lake monster - and pretty transparent knockoff of Nessie - that supposedly lives in the cottage country north of Toronto).

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I think the world would be worse off if the Islamic God were to exist, but for me, it's about evidence... or the lack thereof.

If it weren't for the fact that a large proportion of the world's population practice Islam, the Islamic God would be about as laughably irrelevant to me as Kempenfelt Kelly (a purported lake monster - and pretty transparent knockoff of Nessie - that supposedly lives in the cottage country north of Toronto).

Why do you think the world would be worse off?

epronovost

What do you dislike about his character?

From my reading of the Quran, God is mostly a plot device. He has no personality, no interraction with anything or anyone in any way. He's just an authority stamp for whatever mortals want to pass as law or decision. He isn't likeable because he isn't personable. The fact that the Islamic Empire was a tyranny with very little to no counter powers makes it also rather detestable. Who likes a person who supports tyrants, slavery and sexism.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
From my reading of the Quran, God is mostly a plot device. He has no personality, no interraction with anything or anyone in any way. He's just an authority stamp for whatever mortals want to pass as law or decision. He isn't likeable because he isn't personable.

What do you make of the talk that God is light of the universe and is with all things? Also the tone of Quran speaks of personality to me, so I'm kind of confused on this point.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Who likes a person who supports tyrants, slavery and sexism.

There are many verses that speak against tyrants and whole theme of Quran is just about standing up for justice and opposing tyrants. But I can see how Islamic history has warped this view, since we been almost always ruled by Tyrants and they use hadiths from Bukhari and Muslim to justify it.

Slavery, I've made a thread how Quran shows God never allowed that at any point of time. But again, historically Muslims did this and hence, it seems part of Islam. So I understand.

And sexism, this harder to disprove because Quran does show women and men to be different, however, I suspect a lot is due to tahreef (corruption) in the Sunnah, and little to do with Quran though I suspect some of this is due to misunderstanding Quran. But again, I understand where you are coming from.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Bof... Couldn't care less.

Though when he is used as the excuse for terrorism, murders, misogyny etc i certainly have no reason to "love" it.

I see, but what if God's reminder and name is a cure and solution for terrorism, murder and misogyny?

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
A strange question to ask atheists who do not believe in existence of God. One can certainly love stories about pagan Gods and Goddesses, they are always funny and interesting. The Abrahamic God is a morose and jealous God, why would atheists love him?

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Why ask atheists if they love a God they don't believe exists? It's a meaningless question.