• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do you look forward to death?

Do you look forward to death

• Yes

Votes: 19 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 19 50.0%

• Total voters

Spiderman

Veteran Member
The thought of being a spirit without a body (Ghost) and joining the spirit world appeals to me far more than this life. The thought of not existing at all appeals to me as well. The thought of Heaven and purgatory I find more appealing than this life. I don't look forward to death under the condition that I'm tortured in the flames of hell forever, but the other prospects appeal to me enough that I'd be happy to move on today.

My hope is that with death will come enlightenment and clear understanding of all the mysteries we've pondered, and in that sense, I can't wait (But suicide is NOT an option however)!

You?

Quetzal

A little to the left and slightly out of focus.
Premium Member
Death is the only thing that really terrifies me.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
Yes, in a mixed sort of way.
On the one hand I feel pretty sure that there is more to the human experience than our limited meat selves can grasp or understand. I just think our limited perceptions and tools aren't able to help, at this point in time. Like 2000 years ago when people couldn't grasp that the earth is a speck of rock hurtling through the void. So I've invented my own afterlife. It's way better than the one invented by primitive prophets who thought the Creator was an irrational king with superpowers.
But I am in no hurry to get there. For one thing, eternity will be just as long regardless of when it starts. For another, I expect the process of dying to be quite unpleasant, in a subjective sort of way. I can wait on that.
Tom

Rapha

Once a person has Faith in Jesus Christ and accepts His Gospel that He died on the cross for our sins, death has no fear over the person dying, when they walk into eternal Life for eternity.

Nietzsche

The Last Prussian
Premium Member
Yes.

The only thing that bothers me about death is the possibility this isn't it. I don't want an after-life. I want this to be it and it all be over and done with.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
Once a person has Faith in Jesus Christ and accepts His Gospel that He died on the cross for our sins, death has no fear over the person dying, when they walk into eternal Life for eternity.
I have not found that to be true. It might be for you, but I have seen religious Christians terrified of dying.
Tom

Jumi

Am I scared of death? No. Looking forward to it? Nope, got things I'd rather do than die.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
I'm not looking forward to death. It's not like I haven't done it a billion times already. That said, I'm in no hurry to go back to the egg.

Iti oj

Global warming is real and we need to act
Premium Member
The thought of being a spirit without a body (Ghost) and joining the spirit world appeals to me far more than this life. The thought of not existing at all appeals to me as well. The thought of Heaven and purgatory I find more appealing than this life. I don't look forward to death under the condition that I'm tortured in the flames of hell forever, but the other prospects appeal to me enough that I'd be happy to move on today.

My hope is that with death will come enlightenment and clear understanding of all the mysteries we've pondered, and in that sense, I can't wait (But suicide is NOT an option however)!

You?
no, here is where we learn love and live and i like that.

Akivah

We are only on Earth for such a short time. And we'll all be in Heaven for a near-eternity. There's no need to rush it.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Except for people who commit suicide, I don't believe anyone who says "yes." Although, I understand it can be a useful myth to frame and perpetuate.
I voted yes, not because I would rather die than live. I voted yes because 'to look forward to' means to be prepared. Do you think being prepared to die is a bad way? The man I quoted (Morrie) just meant that to live each day as though it might be your last day is a good thing.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Except for people who commit suicide, I don't believe anyone who says "yes." Although, I understand it can be a useful myth to frame and perpetuate.
Some believe suicide to be a crime against the creator and people don't want to face the consequences. Others don't want to hurt family members and friends. Others look forward to death but see that they are needed here and people depend on them.

There were Saints like Saint Francis of Assissi who looked for martyrdom by going and preaching to a Muslim sultan during the crusades, but knew that he had to surrender to God's time.

So, there are people who look forward to death, but they will not take it into their own hands because they believe they have a Destiny to fulfill, responsibilities, a proper timing and calling, but that doesn't mean they don't look forward to death.

Rapha

I have not found that to be true. It might be for you, but I have seen religious Christians terrified of dying.
Tom
Probably luke warm believers that are more interested in the Mammon (money, material items) than Jesus Christ.

Faith in Jesus Christ often results in dreams that always keep the sinner up-to-date on the condition of their spirit.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I've begun to enjoy my life to look forward to death. I like living, I enjoy living, and the pleasures of life. They will come to an end for me one day, and while it's only appropriate to accept that fact, it doesn't mean I want to rush it.
I have not your Jesus, yet I am not afraid of death. It will happen, it is inevitable, why fear it? We should embrace life, and life requires death.

Rapha

I have not your Jesus, yet I am not afraid of death. It will happen, it is inevitable, why fear it? We should embrace life, and life requires death.
Ever wondered if we are all programmed to see each other as humans when in actual fact our spirits are something completely different.

Just an idea as to fact that people who do not fear death are in-fact already daemons who are witnessing life in mortal human form.