• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do you like to become God ?

Eddi

Agnostic
Premium Member
It sounds like a great deal of responsibility...

But on the other hand it could be a lot of fun...

So yeah, why not?

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
Why ? why not ?
Yes....
Please can I be God for a week?

I don't want longer because juggling all those galaxies and me being so clumsy, you get my point?

But one week would be nice.
@Revoltingest might have a surprise or two.... nice ones, a pair of bloody great Fowler plowing engines wouldn't be a bad pressy for him.

And a tank for @Kangaroo Feathers , any type he fancies.

Now where would I like some lightning strikes? :p

Eddi

Agnostic
Premium Member
What fun ? please tell something in detail. :)
Well, for starters you would be omniscient and all-seeing. I'd actually value that more than being omnipotent, although that would be cool too.

I could see everything, know everything, how cool would that be!

If I was God I could create whole worlds and universes and sit back and watch what happens, and see what happens if I do stuff and intervene

It would be like playing the ultimate computer game, but much better than that

Being God would be awesome

There would always be something interesting to do

So yes, becoming God would be good, it must be good being the Supreme Being

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
Absolutely not! People will bother me all the time, ask for stuff, and then get mad at me and say I don't exist if I can't give it to them.

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
Why you think God care people ?

Because most of us care about each other, to the extent possible to them(though this varies a lot). Even animals do, to the extent they are able. Because, at the root(I believe)all is the same, it is natural that God would care for us, who are a part of him/her/it.

chinu

chinu
Because most of us care about each other, to the extent possible to them(though this varies a lot). Even animals do, to the extent they are able. Because, at the root(I believe)all is the same, it is natural that God would care for us, who are a part of him/her/it.
If God had to bother us -- then why would God created us in the first place ? :)

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
I don't know, @chinu, it seems we've forgotten. I believe we were both there...

Funny how time warps a mind.

Muffled

Jesus in me
It sounds like a great deal of responsibility...

But on the other hand it could be a lot of fun...

So yeah, why not?

I believe it would be fun to have the power to do whatever I wished but I would not want that without having the Love of God so that I would not use that power for evil. I imagine the codicil would mean that I would end up with the responsibility.

Muffled

Jesus in me
Yes....
Please can I be God for a week?

I don't want longer because juggling all those galaxies and me being so clumsy, you get my point?

But one week would be nice.
@Revoltingest might have a surprise or two.... nice ones, a pair of bloody great Fowler plowing engines wouldn't be a bad pressy for him.

And a tank for @Kangaroo Feathers , any type he fancies.

Now where would I like some lightning strikes? :p

You may not be too bad for an old badger but I definitely would not want you to be God ever.

Muffled

Jesus in me
Absolutely not! People will bother me all the time, ask for stuff, and then get mad at me and say I don't exist if I can't give it to them.

I believe while doing jail ministry I had an inmate ask me to see if a church would do him a favor. I took that to prayer and had to tell the person that the church only needs to do favors for those who belong. I don't think he got mad but I feel he was disappointed.