• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do you like planes? trains? automobiles?

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Never road on a train before, and it's been so long since I've flown that the last time was still a pre-9/11 world. Not a fear or anything, just don't go anywhere to fly to or bother with a train.

Guy Threepwood

Mighty Pirate
What is your preferred method of travel and why?

Trains are great fun if they happen to be going your way

I love cars, driving and tinkering with them, don't think I'll ever grow out of that now

I generally only like to fly if I can pilot the plane, or otherwise have a few stiff drinks!

ADigitalArtist

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Love trains, especially here in the Pacific northwest where it's so pretty. I've done the Portland to Seattle train ride just for fun a couple times.

The Holy Bottom Burp

Yeah, has to be trains, I use them on a regular basis when the football season is on. Comfortable to sit in, you can sit at a table, plug your laptop in, have food and drink, and of course there is freedom to stand up and have "comfort breaks". Planes are okay I guess, but when flying economy it can be a little cramped, plus there are restrictions about electronic gadgets etc. I've always driven cars, but as the vast majority of my driving is commuting back and forth to work I cant say it is a joy. A lovely experience on an open road without much traffic, but there aren't too many of them about where I live!

Flame

Beware
Planes_trains_and_automobiles.jpg

I loved Planes Trains and Automobiles! ;) John Candy's best movie.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Trains, as one can travel and not be confined to one seat. Also, they are more energy efficient per mile than all but ships.

Sapiens

Polymathematician
If I am at the controls I prefer aircraft, if I am not, then trains are great. Cars are for short haul or off road. Boats are neat, submersibles even neater.

Last edited:

Milton Platt

What is your preferred method of travel and why?

i dislike planes (well, as a form of travel). I prefer automobiles and after that, trains. Automobiles offer the greatest freedom of travel and exploration, and trains, especially in foreign lands, can be a great social experience on wheels.

DavidFirth

If I am at the controls I prefer aircraft, if I am not, then trains are great. Cars are for short haul or off road. Boats are neat, submersibles even neater.

I kind of skipped boats. Not sure why, I just did. I don't have much experience on boats, maybe that's why.

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
Love cars especially in new Zealand as many roads are empty,don't mind short haul on planes but when I fly between new Zealand and England its 3 flights 27hours in the air and even though free food drink ,movies games it sucks as for trains rarely need to use them.