• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do You Like Geckos?

So, do you like geckos?

• Yes

Votes: 7 70.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I am indifferent toward them

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • I like turtles a lot more than geckos

• I like turtles exclusively

• Total voters

mangalavara

सो ऽहम्
Premium Member
Here is a photo that I took of one in the bathroom a couple nights ago:

gecko01.JPG

It appears that the poor creature's left hand is either deformed or injured.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
We don't actually get geckos here but we do get plenty of lizards. More shy of humans than geckos and no noise but otherwise, essentially the same beast.

Unfortunately cats like them too.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
As long as they don't try to sell me insurance, I have no problems with the critters.

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
I used to have a pet gecko. She was my sister's, and when she ran away(it was a kind of planned thing, odd story for another time), I got it. It lived with me for probably close to 10 years, but one night, the screen on the lid of her cage broke... and like @ChristineM says... cats like geckos. That was the end of that.

ADigitalArtist

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Love them! Just took a picture of this day gecko last week.
DSC_0245-01.jpeg

Edit: it is common for wild geckos, especially these days, to lose toes in bad sheds of their skin. If the weather doesn't provide the right humidity or they are malnourished, bad sheds constrict around and break toes. Depending on the species they can grow back.

Last edited:

Dan From Smithville

What we've got here is failure to communicate.
Staff member
Premium Member
Here is a photo that I took of one in the bathroom a couple nights ago:

View attachment 57023

It appears that the poor creature's left hand is either deformed or injured.
Even in the mid-continent temporal climate with cold winters where I live, there are a few gecko sightings in the summer.

I am fond of reptiles and amphibians. Especially lizards like geckos. They are pretty interesting.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
I used to have a pet gecko. She was my sister's, and when she ran away(it was a kind of planned thing, odd story for another time), I got it. It lived with me for probably close to 10 years, but one night, the screen on the lid of her cage broke... and like @ChristineM says... cats like geckos. That was the end of that.

We had (sadly lost a fight with a speeding car) a beautiful cat who loved lizards. The times she would happily walk into the house with a lizards tail hanging from her mouth i dread to count. At least she never brought any snakes home.