• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do you like flies? I don't.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Let-Me-Sing-You-The-Song-Of-People-Funny-Fly-Meme.jpg

I really don't like flies.

I guess frogs like flies, but there aren't enough frogs in the world to eat all the flies.

Exaltist Ethan

Bridging the Gap Between Believers and Skeptics
This is going to sound extremely odd, in fact, this might be the weirdest thing about me, but when I used to be outside I would sometimes try to get flies to land on my arm because I enjoyed them sucking on it. It feels good to me. I'm weird I know.

Dan From Smithville

Recently discovered my planet of origin.
Staff member
Premium Member
They're alright. Mosquitoes, house, horse, sand and deer flies are not. And bees, wasps and hornets are jerks, too.
I agree. Those darned horseflies wait for me until just the end of my hikes and then Bam! they go in for the kill. It is a good thing they fly so terribly and aren't used to animals with hands.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
And pic nic flies. God, I want to kill all those jerks!
I admit that I have enjoyed sitting at the picnic table watching bald-faced hornets pick flies out of the air to take back and use as food. Away from the nest the hornets don't tend to be so aggressive and taking out the flies is almost as if they are saying sorry for their stinging talents.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
I don't really now, but they entertained me when I was a kid. I used to catch them and put them in my room. I named them all Daryl.

I was in my teens when I first encountered one of those bug zapping devices. It was at my uncle's dairy farm. For whatever reason, a barn full of cows with plenty of manure seems to attract a lot of flies. However, hearing a zapping pop sound every few seconds was kind of fascinating in a way.

In later years, those bug zappers became more and more ubiquitous.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
I was in my teens when I first encountered one of those bug zapping devices. It was at my uncle's dairy farm. For whatever reason, a barn full of cows with plenty of manure seems to attract a lot of flies. However, hearing a zapping pop sound every few seconds was kind of fascinating in a way.

They aren't really that effective against biting flies and tend to be rather indiscriminate in killing insects that are beneficial or innocuous. But I admit a fascination with them as well.

Viker

Häxan
They aren't really that effective against biting flies and tend to be rather indiscriminate in killing insects that are beneficial or innocuous. But I admit a fascination with them as well.
Yep. I've caught myself staring at, or into, the zapper on my deck a few times. Are we flies? Are we so intrigued by bug zappers that we may get ourselves zapped one day? Real pressing questions.

Psalm23

Do they work for mosquitoes too?

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
Yep. I've caught myself staring at, or into, the zapper on my deck a few times. Are we flies? Are we so intrigued by bug zappers that we may get ourselves zapped one day? Real pressing questions.
The people zapper. I think just a hole in a fence with as sign that says "Don't look in here" would be sufficient.