• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do you like drones?

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Jeez, the guy just wanted to discuss a hobby and everyone dumps negativity on him. Way to go, RF.

They're great for urban exploration, too.
Not to mention the recreational benefits.

Drones kind of remind me of the rocket fad people had in the old days.

The amazing experience of flight is quite a draw and for those who have cameras on board it is a wonderful adventure. I can imagine using those things to look at wildlife or even hunt for Bigfoot. *Grin*

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
, Do you plan on getting the DJI Mavic Air 2? I plan on buying it because it will have 34 mins worth of battery life.
Never had 1, but seems fun. But here they have so many strictions to use them, that fun is gone.

If i has a gun thats what i would have done
Would that be lawful? You might could be jailed

aren't you kind of making a blanket statement by saying that all these are potentially threats and voyeurs?
I get that..privacy is an important issue in that regard, but not to contend with you, i think that even if we got rid of all individual drones, there would still be the 24/7 drone coverage from the big bro inc
I guess, she would shoot them them down, she said. A flying spying voyeur.... "big bro" or not:D

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Would that be lawful? You might could be jailed

First, perhaps it would be worth it. The creep would need to testify and his whole game is blown.

Second, like the creep flying the drone they would have to find me and the drone, which of course will lead back to evidence of intrusion of privacy.

Third, don't know if it is legal or not,the laws on privacy in france are quite strict so if intrusion of privacy were proven the law would take a sympathetic view.

McBell

Resident Sourpuss
First, perhaps it would be worth it. The creep would need to testify and his whole game is blown.

Second, like the creep flying the drone they would have to find me and the drone, which of course will lead back to evidence of intrusion of privacy.

Third, don't know if it is legal or not,the laws on privacy in france are quite strict so if intrusion of privacy were proven the law would take a sympathetic view.
I suspect that discharging a firearm into the air is frowned upon.

ChristineM

Premium Member
I suspect that discharging a firearm into the air is frowned upon.

Probably, maybe you can get away with it in hunting season so long as you are wearing a day glow jacket and pretend it was an accident. Only joking, you are right, its not the done thing but i can dream of destroying the creeps toy.

McBell

Resident Sourpuss
Probably, maybe you can get away with it in hunting season so long as you are wearing a day glow jacket and pretend it was an accident. Only joking, you are right, its not the done thing but i can dream of destroying the creeps toy.
If you do plan to shoot it down, use shotgun shell with buckshot.
They are the least likely to kill some innocent bystander when they come back down.

ChristineM

Premium Member
If you do plan to shoot it down, use shotgun shell with buckshot.
They are the least likely to kill some innocent bystander when they come back down.

That was my thought, or a blunderbuss, got a better chance of hitting it.

McBell

Resident Sourpuss
That was my thought, or a blunderbuss, got a better chance of hitting it.
Google "homemade net gun"
There are several different videos and websites that can walk you through it using stuff you should be able to easily obtain.

That is what my neighbor did.
His net gun has a range of about 100 feet, perhaps a bit less.
Which is why the judge said it was not illegal for him to use it to catch drones.

ChristineM

Premium Member
Google "homemade net gun"
There are several different videos and websites that can walk you through it using stuff you should be able to easily obtain.

That is what my neighbor did.
His net gun has a range of about 100 feet, perhaps a bit less.
Which is why the judge said it was not illegal for him to use it to catch drones.

That is a wonderful idea, thanks.

ChristineM

Premium Member
Full disclosure.
My neighbor originally made it to humanly capture stray and feral cats in the trailer park.

Hoping he does what our mairie (council) does. Once a year they go out and catch the younger stray cats in traps, take them to the vets for a health check and neutering. If the strays are ok with people they are acclimatised to indoor living (fostered) then put up for adoption. If they are a bit feisty then they are returned to the area they are caught.

McBell

Resident Sourpuss
Hoping he does what our mairie (council) does. Once a year they go out and catch the younger stray cats in traps, take them to the vets for a health check and neutering. If the strays are ok with people they are acclimatised to indoor living (fostered) then put up for adoption. If they are a bit feisty then they are returned to the area they are caught.
Since the park is fined for any cats on the property outside of a home, yes, even if it has a collar, my neighbor has a set up with a local Amish family.
the cats he catches he releases on their property.
They have several grain silos and want all the cats they can get to help keep the rodents in check.

stvdv

My freedom is worth more than proving/exposing a creep. If a creep, he might be also sadist who enjoys his win, to get me in jail. I won't allow that

That is true, at least both get caught

But in France they are easy going on nudity, I thought. It's nothing like the prude Americans. So, I could imagine ""shoot a voyeur" is overkill

ChristineM

Premium Member
My freedom is worth more than proving/exposing a creep. If a creep, he might be also sadist who enjoys his win, to get me in jail. I won't allow that

That is true, at least both get caught

But in France they are easy going on nudity, I thought. It's nothing like the prude Americans. So, I could imagine ""shoot a voyeur" is overkill

Mine isn't, have been a victim if a creep before and spent 6 months in fear fir the lives of my children and myself. It won't happen again

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
Possibly the usual problem - the law not catching up with new technology - and I can sympathise with both users and those who might feel their rights are infringed. Trained hawks have been used to down drones apparently - but not so practical for most I suspect. :D

stvdv

Mine isn't, have been a victim if a creep before and spent 6 months in fear fir the lives of my children and myself. It won't happen again
I did not say I won't solve the problem, but I would do it in a smart way, that he goes to jail or "heaven", not me

stvdv

The smart way where the perp is invisible, how does that work
I wish we could still be invisible. Big Brother is watching us more every day. And definitely the ones flying drones. In Holland, in 2020, drones must be registered. You need to have a permit, and have done a drone flying exam. So, my guess is, that it's easy to track them. People don't go off the grid so easy anymore. Specially the ones who love gadgets from China. Probably China puts some backdoor in their drones before they ship them to the west:D

If that still doesn't work, my neighbor knows some guys who ... (are probably not allowed even to talk about their business on RF)