• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do you like cheese cake?

exchemist

Veteran Member
Do you like cheese cake?I do.:)
Generally speaking no, I don't like it much. But I don't have much of a sweet tooth, especially for sweet things that are what the French call étouffe chrétien, which I suppose more or less means stodgy, or something like that.

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
Generally speaking no, I don't like it much. But I don't have much of a sweet tooth, especially for sweet things that are what the French call étouffe chrétien, which I suppose more or less means stodgy, or something like that.
My favourite sweet treat is a good pastel de nata :)

exchemist

Veteran Member
My favourite sweet treat is a good pastel de nata :)
I had to look that up. Portuguese, I see. But basically a custard tart.

According to Wiki, its origin is monastic and way a way of using up surplus egg yolks, in the days when the whites were used for "starching", i.e. stiffening, clothes.

I have the opposite problem in the kitchen. Some recipes call for an egg yolk (mayonnaise, hollandaise, binding polpette meatballs etc.) and I'm left with the whites. So I make meringues. They keep for a while and are a handy thing for impromptu desserts when my son is around or I have visitors.

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
I like good cheesecake. Stuff with real ingredients, not that pudding no-bake crap that's so popular in these parts.

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
I had to look that up. Portuguese, I see. But basically a custard tart.

According to Wiki, its origin is monastic and way a way of using up surplus egg yolks, in the days when the whites were used for "starching", i.e. stiffening, clothes.

I have the opposite problem in the kitchen. Some recipes call for an egg yolk (mayonnaise, hollandaise, binding polpette meatballs etc.) and I'm left with the whites. So I make meringues. They keep for a while and are a handy thing for impromptu desserts when my son is around or I have visitors.
Yup!

Tesco does good ones.

Meringue is also good; very light.

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
I love cheese cake.

Probably my favorite dessert, although I almost never eat it.