• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do you like challenge the belivers in their faith? :)

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
As a believer my self i often come across people who i find want to challenge my belief :) And when i was younger i found it sometimes insulting, but now i kind of see it as a good thing because it makes me question my self, and when i find that my belief is somewhat off, i need to read and study the scripture deeper to really be able to answer other peoples questions :)

Do you as a none believer like asking difficult questions to make it difficult for believers to defend their beliefs?
Do you as a Believer find it difficult or even irritating to get asked a really difficult question?

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
I don't really get any difficult questions because most people are very ignorant about my religion. They wouldn't even recognize the holy symbols of it, except for maybe the sunwheels and not for a good reason (not that I've had that problem, even when I'm wearing my swastika pendants). It's a double edged sword.

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
Do you as a Believer find it difficult or even irritating to get asked a really difficult question?
No, I just tell them I don't know.

I don't need to know all kind of answers to difficult questions.

"Who am I?" is a good and difficult question to solve first for me. When solved, what more to solve?

Darkforbid

I don't really get any difficult questions because most people are very ignorant about my religion. They wouldn't even recognize the holy symbols of it, except for maybe the sunwheels and not for a good reason (not that I've had that problem, even when I'm wearing my swastika pendants). It's a double edged sword.

download.gif

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member

Until I realize they are asking from the standpoint of ignorance (not in the pejorative sense, but "non-knowledge" of the subject); a preconceived idea; a certain prejudice; ideas relative to their beliefs; etc. If I can see where they are coming from and why (though I'm not always that discerning and would just rather throw a punch :D), I can try to counter it by not going on the defensive.

Goodman John

I don't question people's faith or religion- what I DO question is how they justify being faithful to that faith or religion while breaking its rules. If you're Jewish, I shouldn't see you over there eating shrimp or BBQ pork. If you're Muslim I shouldn't see you ogling some scantily-clad Western woman or drinking alcohol. If you're a Christian I shouldn't see you being arrested for murder or getting busted for adultery. I don't care what faith or religion you follow- all I ask is that you follow your own rules. If you can't do that, then you BETTER not be getting in my face or anyone else's face about how wrong their faith or religion is.

Last edited:

MonkeyFire

They like to use the problem of evil, I respond with invincibility, the nihilistic-demonic maximally. Faith answered problem solved. Now all we have to do is ask the angel of invincibility to kindly go back to his home in hell.

Skwim

Veteran Member
If the faithful, principally Christians, would stop telling others how wrong they were, and to get on board with their beliefs or else they're going to suffer in Hell for all eternity, I wouldn't have a problem with them or their faith. But the fact is, they don't stop doing it. They knock on our doors wanting to tell us what our problems are and how to correct them, use the facilities and functions of our government to advertise their god, try to get their beliefs taught as fact in our public schools, and continually try rebrand American culture as a Christian culture. ALL THE WHILE having only the barest knowledge of their religion and its faults, and blithely ignoring and violating its core precepts.

So, personally, I fight back by challenging Christians and their faith. To me religion is a self-serving deception that only acts to assuage personal fears and doubts, and has no place in operating as a privileged panacea in a secular society, which is what Christians strive to do .

SO. . .

Want to appropriate our children's valuable school time with your spurious religious beliefs, I'll challenge you.

Want to claim a right to advertise god on government property, I'll challenge you.

Want to claim history is wrong, and replace it with fairy tales, I'll challenge you

Want to claim you have it on good authority I'm destined to hell if I don't climb aboard your ark of salvation, I'll challenge you.