• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do you like butter with your cornbread?

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
Heck yes. :)

On the one hand, I don't eat too many country style foods. They always have so much butter and grease.

On the other, if I never enjoyed it, people would start to question whether I've lived in Illinois.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
Don't get a lot of cornbread up here in Canada, but when I do, I enjoy it -- and I'll admit I prefer it warm, and with a little butter.

Then again, I'm a weird Canadian. Last time I was in the U.S. (took a motorhome from Toronto, down the east coast, across Florida Panhandle to New Orleans, up the Mississippi to Memphis then across to Gatlinburg, Blue Ridge Parkway to Shenandoah Valley then home to Toronto through Buffalo), I stopped for breakfast in Helena, Arkansas -- and danged if I didn't have catfish and grits for breakfast. And it was darn fine, too! (My fellow traveler thought I was nuts!)

idea

Question Everything
It's been a long time since I 've had cornbread, need to make some. My grandmother and her siblings lived to late 90's, 100's - all ate "comfort food", gravy, butter, syrup - they were healthy. Hydrogenated oils - not sure you lose weight? Natural seems better, but I do agree with vegetarian mindsets too. Milk doesn't kill animals - you can get real butter from just milk? Then I like it.