• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do you know?

What is the true meaning of the swastika?

• Nazi sybol

• It is the sign of the Buddha

• I dont know

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.

Stanyon

WWMRD?
Both are considered offensive in certain cultures

So what? Some people thought Elvis was offensive and he was falsely claimed as the "King of Rock & Roll"

Meanwhile in other parts of the world:
daikoku302.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

4e7885ea33ca84290ed64230c8032f04

images

The Reverend Bob

Fart Machine and Beastmaster
But most certainly not the majority of people
In the minds of the majority of people in the West the symbol is associated with the Nazi. You can keep on denying that fact all you want but that symbol is still going to be associated with Nazism in the West whether you like it or not.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
In the minds of the majority of people in the West the symbol is associated with the Nazi. You can keep on denying that fact all you want but that symbol is still going to be associated with Nazism in the West whether you like it or not.

I do not deny that the nazis used it as a symbol. Funny, i am in the west as are others on here who see the whole history of the swastika, not just a few years they dont like

All it mostly means now for many is the stimulation of nerves inside of people just by hearing or reading the label or word “Nazi” or seeing a symbol.

74x12

The swastika is an older symbol than Buddhism. As stated previously, origins are possibly veneration of the sun.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
The swastika is an older symbol than Buddhism. As stated previously, origins are possibly veneration of the sun.
Buddha Sakyamuni was not the first Buddha and not the only one :) So yes the sign is older than 2500 year. But it is the sign of Enlightenment (Buddhahood), But other civilization may have used it differently, just like the Hitler dude did misrepresent it to something evil