• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do You Know Yourself?

Abu Fauzi

Peace to one and all,
The saying attributed to the Leader of Mankind and Jinn, Sayyidina Muhammad, Sallallahu alaihi Wasallam:--

"Whoever knows himself, knows his Lord."
.. has been subjected to various interpretations and analysis over the years. This is understandable as the statement obviously contains some deep knowledge and wisdom.

Find herewith attached an analysis and/or informed comment on this Knowledge laden saying from one of the greatest teachers ever in the Islamic world, Sheikh Muhiyyidden Ibn Arabi, for your perusal and study. Enjoy it, as I believe you will.

Many Regards.

Attachments

• Ibn%20Arabi.Man%20Arafah%20Nafsah%20Whoso%20Knoweth%20Himself%20Knows%20His%20Lord.pdf
    850.2 KB · Views: 224

Burl

"Mystic, philosopher, poet, sage, Muhyiddin Ibn 'Arabi is one of the world's great spiritual teachers. Ibn 'Arabi was born in Murcia, Al-Andalus, in 1165 and his writings had an immense impact throughout the Islamic world and beyond. The universal ideas underlying his thought are of immediate relevance today."
http://www.ibnarabisociety.org/
I think this may be an exercise in logic (my brain is mush)