• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do you know your Religion is true?

Naganami

No, I will not.

Jesus answered, "It is written: 'Man shall not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God.'"

Satanism pre-dates the abrahamic religions, there are Ancient Satanic Scriptures. Satan is also the Sumerian God Enki/Ea, Satan's name is found in ancient Sumerian Hieroglyphs. But okay I respect your choices.

Reggie Miller

Satanism pre-dates the abrahamic religions, there are Ancient Satanic Scriptures. Satan is also the Sumerian God Enki/Ea, Satan's name is found in ancient Sumerian Hieroglyphs. But okay I respect your choices.

"In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth."

Meander_Z

While many religions may claim to be true, and may be true in a number of ways, there will always be problems when one begins defining truth in rational material terms and then applies this to religion.

A religion cannot be true or false in the rational material sense. That would be like asking if your relationship with your mother is true or false. A relationship is not a measurable phenomenon. It is definable. It possesses qualities that can be described, but it cannot be weighed or measured. The language of the question is wrong, and therefore the answer to the question becomes distorted. I can give examples of subjective personal experiences that I've had with God (or my mother). I cannot produce a relationship for the purposes of scientific validation.

I'm not interested in discussing the objective truth or falseness of any religion. Every religion is true in the sense that it exists, even if it only has a single follower and even if that follower is a crazy person. At the same time the substance and source of every religion is false. A religion is formed by interpreting objective and subjective experiences into a meaningful cohesive story. An interpretation can be based on facts, but it can never have the qualities of a fact, because like a relationship, an interpretation is always subjective and cannot be measured.

God is unquestionably real as a concept (otherwise we couldn't even have this conversation). God cannot however be measured as an object (and no statement of logic, faith, or subjective experience will change this).

My god therefore is a verifiable historical fact, a figure believed in and represented by people of a particular culture during a particular time period. He had significance to those people, and he has significance to me. This is not however the story of why I believe, or why I have chosen to cultivate a relationship with this particular god over all others. The "Truth" of my god and my religion can only be expressed in a conversation about meaning and significance, never in a conversation about proof or validation.

allfoak

Alchemist
@Reggie Miller, @Naganami

This is interesting.
Two people at odds over their beliefs.
My guess is that both have experienced some sort of change as a result of their beliefs and are convinced therefore that they alone are correct.
After all, they wouldn't both have some kind of a transforming experience from holding such opposing beliefs now would they?

Reggie Miller

This is interesting.
My guess is that both have experienced some sort of change as a result of their beliefs and are convinced therefore that they alone are correct.
After all, they wouldn't both have some kind of a transforming experience from holding such opposing beliefs now would they?

Not quite. I don't think I alone am correct but rather that God alone is correct. I am nothing, He is everything.

Naganami

This is interesting.

We work for different entities, we have different agendas and our energies are the opposite. I haven't had some transforming spiritual experince, in fact I grew up Christian and still live in a Christian Community, have Christian friends & family. I simply researched for myself and searched the Truth for myself instead of believing whatever others dictate who Satan and His Daemons are.

allfoak

Alchemist
We work for different entities, we have different agendas and our energies are the opposite. I haven't had some transforming spiritual experince, in fact I grew up Christian and still live in a Christian Community, have Christian friends & family. I simply researched for myself and searched the Truth for myself instead of believing whatever others dictate who Satan and His Daemons are.
That means there is room for discussion.
Nice :)

Reggie Miller

I don't think anyone one will argue with God being correct.
How is it that you know if you are correct?

I already stated that. God is absolute, He is the only one able to determine correctness without error. And I have encountered many on here that argue against God being correct.

allfoak

Alchemist
I already stated that. God is absolute, He is the only one able to determine correctness without error. And I have encountered many on here that argue against God being correct.
How is it that one could even argue for the correctness of God?
Our thoughts are not his thoughts.....remember?

Reggie Miller

If you think you are able to broker some kind of mutual understanding and peace between the followers of Christ and those of Satan, you couldn't be more wrong in the thought.

1 Corinthians 10:11
You cannot drink the cup of the Lord and the cup of demons too; you cannot have a part in both the Lord's table and the table of demons.

God does not compromise with Satan, but rather has already found him guilty and sentenced him as stated in Revelations.