• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do you know what "the abomination of desolation" is?

Sleeppy

Fatalist. Christian. Pacifist.
The abomination of desolation is-- Desolation. Emptiness.

Isaiah 29:13
And the Lord saith: Because drawn near hath this people, with its mouth, And with its lips they have honoured Me, And its heart it hath put far off from Me, And their fear of Me is -- A precept of men taught!

Last edited:

RedDragon94

Love everyone, meditate often
The "abomination of desolation" spoken of in the scriptures, is that of black/white interracial marriage.

Jesus said in reference to his second coming:

"When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, ie interracial marriage, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place (in the church)....."
So wait a minute... Our faith is about producing a pure white race?

Salek Atesh

Daniel 11:31
"And the laws shall stand on the part of the black man, and the white Americans shall pollute the sanctuary of strength, and shall take away the daily school prayer, and they shall put in place interracial marriage that makes desolate the white race."

And there shall be a thousand two hundred and ninety days between the time that the daily school prayer is taken away, and interracial marriage set up." (Dan.12:11)

Lol, started typing out the Baha'i view on these particular verses, as they are rather important to our Faith, but now that I see that this question is from an obvious troll...

Like if you were even genuine, how does a racist white person even justify following a religion founded by tan-skinned Semites from the Middle East??

Muffled

Jesus in me
The "abomination of desolation" spoken of in the scriptures, is that of black/white interracial marriage.

Jesus said in reference to his second coming:

"When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, ie interracial marriage, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place (in the church)....."

I believe this isn't even speculation but pure imagination without any reasonable foundation.

Muffled

Jesus in me
Ok I will throw my two cents in. My belief is that the abomination that makes desolation IS a sacrifice of sorts, but I think the sacrifice will be the two witnesses the beast makes war with and kills them. These two witnesses are the two begotten faiths of God, Judaism and Christianity. When the influence of these two are temporarily silenced, it paves the way for the takeover of the entire world by the antichrst, since there will be none to oppose him. This will begin the three and one-half year period before the appearance of the true King, Jesus Christ and His saints to subdue the antichrist,the false prophet(the last pope) and the world system they form. And ys, the antichrist mirrors Antiochus Epiphanes told of in the book of Daniel.

I beleive I don't see any evidence that the two witnesses are generalized to relgions.

I have never seen any evidence that suggests this is the case.