• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do you know God?

kjw47

Ya, and the JW's have made numerous predictions that fell flat, with the leadership then coming up with all sorts of excuses as to what supposedly happened in heaven-- as if they really know. .

Yes they made errors. Every religion on earth has. They corrected their errors while the others remain in theirs.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
Except the facts of Israelite OT God worship history and the teachings of Jesus back my teachers--that means they do not back the others.
Sure they do.

The line of Christian denominations who claim to be the most Biblically authentic forms to the left.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Jesus was referring to the world parts that satan is ruling--Every govt on earth. he added pagan things to the worlds celebrations centuries ago--etc.
Gods word condemns all of these unacceptable sins--1Cor 6:9-11,, Galations 5:19-21---Included with all the false god worship and pagan practices= 99% living today do these things. They have lost already--They better-LOOK.
Then why did Paul say that we should follow all leadership because that's from God? Why did Jesus say "render unto Caesar that which is Caesar's", which is not avoidance?

Government is found everywhere, including in your JW leadership, so according to you if you're going to be consistent, they also must be satanic. "Government" simply is how decisions are made for a group-- any group.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Yes they made errors. Every religion on earth has. They corrected their errors while the others remain in theirs.
Actually they didn't correct them as they didn't back off on their claims of what supposedly happened in heaven.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Some people are governed by what they think the Bible really teaches. It is their governing agent ie government. To know it is just not the same as to know God. And, to be obeying what you believe it is telling you is to make The Living God less than it is. Also, to trust that it is what God says is to commit God to it.

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Oh then please tell us who was the 7 headed beast with 10 horns? And the two horned beast?

I have many years of study. The teachings of Jesus prove who is who.

It was the people that spent years of study of their Religious Scriptures that rejected Christ.

It was the people that spent years of study of their Religious Scriptures that rejected Muhammad.

It was the people that spent years of study of their Religious Scriptures that have now rejected the Bab and Baha'u'llah.

This is the answer to your question as @InvestigateTruth must not have seen the post link to Him.

Revelation12: "Verses 3 and 4. “...And there appeared a great wonder in heaven; and behold a great red dragon, having seven heads and ten horns, and seven crowns upon his heads. And his tail drew the third part of the stars of heaven, and did cast them to the earth.” These signs are an allusion to the dynasty of the Umayyads who dominated the Muḥammadan religion. Seven heads and seven crowns mean seven countries and dominions over which the Umayyads had power: they were the Roman dominion around Damascus; and the Persian, Arabian and Egyptian dominions, together with the dominion of Africa—that is to say, Tunis, Morocco and Algeria; the dominion of Andalusia, which is now Spain; and the dominion of the Turks of Transoxania. The Umayyads had power over these countries. The ten horns mean the names of the Umayyad rulers—that is, without repetition, there were ten names of rulers, meaning ten names of commanders and chiefs—the first is Abú Súfyán and the last Marván—but several of them bear the same name. So there are two Muáviyá, three Yazíd, two Valíd, and two Marván; but if the names were counted without repetition there would be ten. The Umayyads, of whom the first was Abú Súfyán, Amír of Mecca and chief of the dynasty of the Umayyads, and the last was Marván, destroyed the third part of the holy and saintly people of the lineage of Muḥammad who were like the stars of heaven...."

Bahá'í Reference Library - Some Answered Questions, Pages 67-72

It is only Logical the Bible foretells of the Faith of Muhammad. It was Islam that had control over the Holy land for many centuries and did so up to when Christ fulfilled the promise in the year 1844, which is also the year 1260.

It is not a coincidence that 1260 is given in both Daniel and Revelation, what the issue is, is man and His supposed learning. Baha'u'llah says take warning of the past lessons.

Regards Tony

kjw47

i never implied they didn't. i stated that prior to adam they were male and female or androgynous after adam they were male or female and divided.

The bible doesn't say that. It says God made her out of his rib.

kjw47

Actually they didn't correct them as they didn't back off on their claims of what supposedly happened in heaven.

I watched the corrections for many years. I looked through the past as well. They have done a magnificent job knowing they are apart of Jesus seed, and satans #1 job is to attack them relentlessly.
What are you speaking about--heaven?

kjw47

It was the people that spent years of study of their Religious Scriptures that rejected Christ.

It was the people that spent years of study of their Religious Scriptures that rejected Muhammad.

It was the people that spent years of study of their Religious Scriptures that have now rejected the Bab and Baha'u'llah.

This is the answer to your question as @InvestigateTruth must not have seen the post link to Him.

Revelation12: "Verses 3 and 4. “...And there appeared a great wonder in heaven; and behold a great red dragon, having seven heads and ten horns, and seven crowns upon his heads. And his tail drew the third part of the stars of heaven, and did cast them to the earth.” These signs are an allusion to the dynasty of the Umayyads who dominated the Muḥammadan religion. Seven heads and seven crowns mean seven countries and dominions over which the Umayyads had power: they were the Roman dominion around Damascus; and the Persian, Arabian and Egyptian dominions, together with the dominion of Africa—that is to say, Tunis, Morocco and Algeria; the dominion of Andalusia, which is now Spain; and the dominion of the Turks of Transoxania. The Umayyads had power over these countries. The ten horns mean the names of the Umayyad rulers—that is, without repetition, there were ten names of rulers, meaning ten names of commanders and chiefs—the first is Abú Súfyán and the last Marván—but several of them bear the same name. So there are two Muáviyá, three Yazíd, two Valíd, and two Marván; but if the names were counted without repetition there would be ten. The Umayyads, of whom the first was Abú Súfyán, Amír of Mecca and chief of the dynasty of the Umayyads, and the last was Marván, destroyed the third part of the holy and saintly people of the lineage of Muḥammad who were like the stars of heaven...."

Bahá'í Reference Library - Some Answered Questions, Pages 67-72

It is only Logical the Bible foretells of the Faith of Muhammad. It was Islam that had control over the Holy land for many centuries and did so up to when Christ fulfilled the promise in the year 1844, which is also the year 1260.

It is not a coincidence that 1260 is given in both Daniel and Revelation, what the issue is, is man and His supposed learning. Baha'u'llah says take warning of the past lessons.

Regards Tony

Did you read--Revelation 1:1-- A revelation-GIVEN- to Jesus by God.--2 beings here. One is God, one is Jesus.
See that given to Jesus--not Mohammed, yet some place him above Jesus. A serious mistake.

kjw47

Ya, and the JW's have made numerous predictions that fell flat, with the leadership then coming up with all sorts of excuses as to what supposedly happened in heaven-- as if they really know. .

Do you mean the war in heaven?

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Did you read--Revelation 1:1-- A revelation-GIVEN- to Jesus by God.--2 beings here. One is God, one is Jesus.
See that given to Jesus--not Mohammed, yet some place him above Jesus. A serious mistake.

Correct as Revelation 1:1 shows us that Jesus will tell us of of a Future where Christ (Anointed one, with the Holy Spirit) will return and that Return was in Muhammad, the Bab and Baha'u'llah. This is Christ, the First and the Last, this is our One God Jehovah in His many Names returned in the Greatest Name Baha'u'llah, The Glory of God, the Father.

Christ is the I am, the Alpha and the Omega the Beginning and the End. Christ is who Peter confirmed Jesus was, and it was that knowledge the Church was to be built on.

It is the Spirit that Gives Life, the flesh amounts to nothing.

Regards Tony

Hockeycowboy

Witness for Jehovah
Premium Member
Ok, so believing Jesus, according to Jesus, scripturally, who or what was God?

John 20:17
Martha was a Jew. (So was Jesus, for that matter.) Her God was Yahweh / Jehovah.

You see, the Almighty, i.e., the God of the Hebrews / Jews, didn't change....only the way to worship Him changed: through Jesus' sacrifice, no longer through the Jewish system of sacrifices.

Hockeycowboy

Witness for Jehovah
Premium Member
Ok, so believing Jesus, according to Jesus, scripturally, who or what was God?

Also, you might find this fact compelling:

"The fact that Christians who lived in Jerusalem were still worshiping at the Temple of Jehovah late into Paul's ministry proves that they still viewed Jehovah as their God (see Acts 21:20-26)."
SOURCE--- Jehovah

Muffled

Jesus in me
Jesus warned that most wouldn't know him at John 15:20-21--the Father= YHWH(Jehovah)= the ONLY true God-- Jesus said-John 17:3--It just takes believing Jesus over religious dogma. Few will. I cannot understand it.

For me Jesus is as close as my own spirit. I have met other people who have only known Jesus when there was a special need and I certainly was there at an earlier time in my life. Then there are those who know Him as Lord and Savior but find it difficult to have spiritual contact. Then there are those who do not know Him personally but only know him from the Bible.

Muffled

Jesus in me
Because they can see the bible is true. Especially all have been watching Revelation pass before their eyes for many years, yet few have a clue.

I believe the Witnesses qualify as one of the groups misinterpreting scripture. Claims to be seeing the truth are nothing more than shortsightedness.

dfnj

Jesus warned that most wouldn't know him at John 15:20-21--the Father= YHWH(Jehovah)= the ONLY true God-- Jesus said-John 17:3--It just takes believing Jesus over religious dogma. Few will. I cannot understand it.

Jesus is a false idol. There is only one true all-powerful all-loving God. And that God is God. Otherwise, there would not be two words. God came before Jesus. God still exists after Jesus. I had a friend who was convinced the second coming of Jesus would happen in his lifetime. He died a long time ago of old age. I imagine you and me will all be long dead and gone before the second coming of Jesus. Until then, God is all there is.

dfnj

What I don't understand is how people today could still believe that ancient primitives actually spoke on god's behalf.

It's more comfortable to believe someone has a direct connection to God and take their word for it than to take personal responsibility for answering the most difficult religious questions on your own with critical thinking and prayer.

djhwoodwerks

Unity of thought-no division.

I guarantee that not every witness has unity of thought. Look at all these forums, and you will see that.

They must be taught by the real teachers

Which are not the 7 men sitting in New York! (WOW, There are eight now!)

the faithful and discreet slave giving food( spiritual) at the proper time.

Sure, they teach their understanding and make every witness accept it, until "new light" comes and changes it!

They are taught to be no part of this world. ( As best can be done)

Right, you can support the sex industry by paying for cable, but you can't vote for a person to run your country!

Last edited: