• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do you know God?

Buddha Dharma

Dharma Practitioner
The question can go back to what I stated before- does the Biblical god want/will that all know him? The Bible says he does not.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
this is reality.

No, it is a complete fantasy. The body of Jesus never rose from the grave so the body of Jesus never ascended to heaven so the body of Jesus can never come to earth again, ever.

Jesus is never coming back but Christians will keep waiting and waiting and waiting and waiting and waiting and waiting.... They will only find out that Jesus never planned to return after they die and see Jesus in heaven.

Moreover, it is such a travesty that Christians are continuing to wait and wait and wait and wait for Jesus to come and fix everything that is wrong in the world just so they won't have to do anything about these serious problems... God has entrusted humans to fix the problems in the world; Jesus is not going to come floating down on a cloud and wave a magic wand and poof, all the world's problems are fixed, climate change and the whole bit. :rolleyes:

God has entrusted humans to build the Kingdom of God on earth, according to the blueprint instructions laid out by Baha’u’llah. There is no quick fix, no magic wand, just a lot of hard work. :)

Because Christians misinterpret the Bible they think the same Jesus is coming down from the sky on a physical cloud. All the prophecies for the Return of Jesus had been fulfilled by 1844, but when Christians did not see Jesus come down from the sky on a cloud, they rejected Baha’u’llah when He came. Son of man coming on the clouds means that the return of the Christ Spirit will appear in the form of another human being. The term “clouds” as used in the Bible means those things that are contrary to the ways and desires of men. Just like the physical clouds prevent the eyes of men from beholding the sun, these things hindered men from recognizing the Return of Christ.

Revelation 2:17 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the hidden manna, and will give him a white stone, and in the stone a new name written, which no man knoweth saving he that receiveth it.

Revelation 3:12 Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name.

Last edited:

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
I figured you did. I know when I'm being led.
I guess you don't know, because when I said I was just curious that is exactly what I meant. I am curious about what other people believe even though I already know what I believe and where to find what I need for my own spiritual growth. :D

No, I did not know what you meant because if I had known I would not have asked. I do not play games. :)

kjw47

No, it is a complete fantasy. The body of Jesus never rose from the grave so the body of Jesus never ascended to heaven so the body of Jesus can never come to earth again, ever.

Jesus is never coming back but Christians will keep waiting and waiting and waiting and waiting and waiting and waiting.... They will only find out that Jesus never planned to return after they die and see Jesus in heaven.

Moreover, it is such a travesty that Christians are continuing to wait and wait and wait and wait for Jesus to come and fix everything that is wrong in the world just so they won't have to do anything about these serious problems... God has entrusted humans to fix the problems in the world; Jesus is not going to come floating down on a cloud and wave a magic wand and poof, all the world's problems are fixed, climate change and the whole bit. :rolleyes:

God has entrusted humans to build the Kingdom of God on earth, according to the blueprint instructions laid out by Baha’u’llah. There is no quick fix, no magic wand, just a lot of hard work. :)

Because Christians misinterpret the Bible they think the same Jesus is coming down from the sky on a physical cloud. All the prophecies for the Return of Jesus had been fulfilled by 1844, but when Christians did not see Jesus come down from the sky on a cloud, they rejected Baha’u’llah when He came. Son of man coming on the clouds means that the return of the Christ Spirit will appear in the form of another human being. The term “clouds” as used in the Bible means those things that are contrary to the ways and desires of men. Just like the physical clouds prevent the eyes of men from beholding the sun, these things hindered men from recognizing the Return of Christ.

Revelation 2:17 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the hidden manna, and will give him a white stone, and in the stone a new name written, which no man knoweth saving he that receiveth it.

Revelation 3:12 Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name.

Jesus given all power and authority can use that body any time he wants. At first outside the tomb--they could not recognize Jesus- He was not in the original body. But later appeared to Thomas in that body proving my point is fact.

Kelly of the Phoenix

I don't know where you get that idea.
Reading about Roman history.

Is that what happens? I seem to recall lots of miracles in the story and a lot of oppressed slaves escaping from tyranny.
To die in the wilderness.
Numbers 14:
20 The Lord replied, “I have forgiven them, as you asked. 21 Nevertheless, as surely as I live and as surely as the glory of the Lord fills the whole earth, 22 not one of those who saw my glory and the signs I performed in Egypt and in the wilderness but who disobeyed me and tested me ten times— 23 not one of them will ever see the land I promised on oath to their ancestors. No one who has treated me with contempt will ever see it.
Also, they couldn't be that oppressed if they kept whining about how good they had it in Egypt. I don't see much "gee, bein' wit' massah was much better" from African slaves in the US.

I mean, your post is like when I attended a church with my (now late) grandfather. The pastor was new, having been recently hired because the church was really run by a bunch of gossiping hags and they cycled through pastors quite regularly. Anyway, the sermon was about God sending birds to the Hebrews while out on the road because the Hebrews wouldn't stop complaining about being hungry. He stopped the sermon there. I read through to the end of the story and tried SOOOOOOOO hard not to laugh, because the ending made clear what this guy really thought of the harpies: all the people who took the sucker bait DIED. Lesson: Read to the conclusion of the story.

The question can go back to what I stated before- does the Biblical god want/will that all know him? The Bible says he does not.
Yeah, I don't see it either. He can't even tell an Egyptian from a Hebrew (so much for "My sheep will hear My voice") without spelling it out for Him in blood.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Jesus given all power and authority can use that body any time he wants. At first outside the tomb--they could not recognize Jesus- He was not in the original body. But later appeared to Thomas in that body proving my point is fact.
There is no proof that anything in the Gospels actually transpired as recorded. Nothing written in the Bible is fact. If it was fact, then it could be proven and everyone would be a Christian.

The Gospel accounts are stories men told. I suggest you read this post: #583 Rough Beast Sloucher

kjw47

There is no proof that anything in the Gospels actually transpired as recorded. Nothing written in the Bible is fact. If it was fact, then it could be proven and everyone would be a Christian.

The Gospel accounts are stories men told. I suggest you read this post: #583 Rough Beast Sloucher

Archelogist have proven a lot of the OT is truth---The NT is truth as well( there are errors in translation by the religion that came out of Rome.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Archelogist have proven a lot of the OT is truth---
A lot does not mean all. That's the salient problem.
The NT is truth as well( there are errors in translation by the religion that came out of Rome.
Again, a lot of the NT is truth but not all. That's the salient problem. We cannot know how much of it is true, which parts are true, and which parts are stories that never transpired as recorded.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member

Again, a lot of the NT is truth but not all. That's the salient problem. We cannot know how much of it is true, which parts are true, and which parts are stories that never transpired as recorded.
I say, never say can't. We don't know what are God's true words and what isn't true. That doesn't mean that we cannot know.

kjw47

God preserved the teachings of Jesus. His teachings are the key. Those teachings have been read for over 1500 years give or take. Yet most do not understand them. I share 6 important ones in sights like this--yet they are rejected by the majority even though those teachings are in their bibles. Many claim to be followers, the real ones learn and apply every teaching Jesus gave to us correctly.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
The power of God. John 14:26
You might think you can know but you cannot know if what is in the New Testament is true (in the sense of being factual) from what you believe the Holy Spirit is saying to you.

John 14:26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

With all due respect, I do not interpret that verse the same way you apparently do. I believe that verse means the Comforter is a man (he) that the Father would send in Jesus’ name. A Holy Spirit cannot teach you all things or bring all things to your remembrance; only a human being could do that.

The indwelt Holy Spirit also cannot do the following, which is why it is not doing the following. Only a man could do these things.

John 15:26 But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me:

John 16:8 And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:

John 16:13-14 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come. He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
You might think you can know but you cannot know if what is in the New Testament is true (in the sense of being factual) from what you believe the Holy Spirit is saying to you.

John 14:26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

With all due respect, I do not interpret that verse the same way you apparently do. I believe that verse means the Comforter is a man (he) that the Father would send in Jesus’ name. A Holy Spirit cannot teach you all things or bring all things to your remembrance; only a human being could do that.
But, then, how does the human know it? I know it the same way. By being submissive, open, and true, I can hear The Spirit. According to you, how did they that you believe heard hear?

The indwelt Holy Spirit also cannot do the following, which is why it is not doing the following. Only a man could do these things.

John 15:26 But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me:

John 16:8 And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:

John 16:13-14 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come. He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you.
The Holy Spirit can't do something? LOL I don't believe it!

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
God preserved the teachings of Jesus. His teachings are the key. Those teachings have been read for over 1500 years give or take. Yet most do not understand them. I share 6 important ones in sights like this--yet they are rejected by the majority even though those teachings are in their bibles. Many claim to be followers, the real ones learn and apply every teaching Jesus gave to us correctly.
I agree that the teachings of Jesus are the key and they are eternal.

Matthew 24:35 Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away.

However, that does not mean that every word attributed to Jesus is exactly what He said. That would be impossible since Jesus did not write the Gospels.

Regarding the Old Testament and the New Testament...

...The Bahá'ís believe that God's Revelation is under His care and protection and that the essence, or essential elements, of what His Manifestations intended to convey has been recorded and preserved in Their Holy Books. However, as the sayings of the ancient Prophets were written down some time later, we cannot categorically state, as we do in the case of the Writings of Bahá'u'lláh, that the words and phrases attributed to Them are Their exact words.
(9 August 1984 to an individual believer)

The Bible