• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do you have to be evil to be LHP?

Here until I storm off again
Premium Member
I disagree. It's not hard to find books or articles. All you need to do is to actually spend some time looking into things, get to know varying opinions and then make your own conclusions.

People do not cure their ignorance because they have been detered, even brainwashed against doing so. However, I resent the brainwasher and brainwashed equally.

Infinitum

Possessed Bookworm
People do not cure their ignorance because they have been detered, even brainwashed against doing so. However, I resent the brainwasher and brainwashed equally.
Since we're talking about people in the LHP DIR, don't you think this is something that should be on high priority for everyone to change? After all LHP is exactly the path that teaches you independence. Neglecting such a thing just feels absurd to me.

Premium Member
Since we're talking about people in the LHP DIR, don't you think this is something that should be on high priority for everyone to change? After all LHP is exactly the path that teaches you independence. Neglecting such a thing just feels absurd to me.

I'm talking about people who know nothing of the LHP, the people in the DIR are certainly trying to cure their ignorance. However, the inability to do so is not entirely their fault.

Infinitum

Possessed Bookworm
I really hate when topics spin out of control like this. I wanted to get a clarification of what Doors said as a response to LuisDantas, who's been asking totally legitimate questions in the thread. If you have trouble following the discussion, please at least refrain from derailing it further.

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
I think this post contradicts your statement that you are beginning to understand the title of "left-hand path". In fact, it's what you'd hear from someone who just learned of the LHP from an uninformative, random website.

Why? Explain. That is the only conclusion one can come to after reading the responses to the OP

Premium Member
I thought the thread was about the association between "evil" and the LHP. Must be in the wrong thread, I'll abdicate.

Premium Member
Why? Explain. That is the only conclusion one can come to after reading the responses to the OP

There are non-mainstream religions that are non-LHP. In fact, I feel things like Satanism are, in fact, rather mainstream, moreso than religions like Jainism.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
Define "evil". I certainly don't view myself as "evil". I strive to be a quite ethical person. I think that's just stereotyping. I guess to right wing fundamentalist Christians and Muslims we would be seen as "evil" or whatever but that's due to a difference in perspective.

Orias

Left Hand Path
I'm pretty sure some answers were 'no', or you can be if you want, at least that's what I gathered. I don't know what you mean by that question

Do you think any of us to be evil? I think thats what was meant by the question.

Orias

Left Hand Path
Lol I don't go that far in these threads, that question really didn't make sense

I don't understand what you mean. If you don't go that far in these threads then why did you ask the question?

If we simply tell you "no", what means of justification do you think we would apprehend? If you are asking us "LHPers" if we have to be evil to be "LHP" wouldn't you try to determine if we are evil?

:D

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
I don't understand what you mean. If you don't go that far in these threads then why did you ask the question?

If we simply tell you "no", what means of justification do you think we would apprehend? If you are asking us "LHPers" if we have to be evil to be "LHP" wouldn't you try to determine if we are evil?

:D

No, why would I? DIR's--> ask question, people answer, you can't "determine" anything without argument anyways (this isn't a green DIR, much less a general debate one)

tumbleweed41

Resident Liberal Hippie
MOD POST

This is the LHP DIR. Anyone not of the LHP beliefs is restricted to
respectful questions to increase their understanding.
Questions of a rhetorical or argumentative nature or that counter the beliefs of that DIR are not permitted.
DIR's are not to be used for debate by anyone.