1. Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do you have questions ?

Discussion in 'Interviewing Religious Forum Members' started by Amanaki, Feb 17, 2019.

1. Jollybear

Jollybear Hey

Ratings:
    +440
    Religion:
    Christian/mystic
    Is there a source God, as in the prime reality? The one which all others come forth?

2. Amanaki

Amanaki sotāpanna

Ratings:
    +1,131
    Religion:
    Cultivator of Buddha Dhamma
    That is a question i can not answer yes or no on :) But what i can say is in my cultivation and meditation i have not yet come across the answer to this question. Meaning i have not reached a wisdom level that give me the answer to this question.

3. Jollybear

Jollybear Hey

Ratings:
    +440
    Religion:
    Christian/mystic
    Ok, fair enough.

I think there is a prime mover God, an ultimate source.

I do agree with you though that there are many gods.

Explain more to me on the enlightenment?

4. Amanaki

Amanaki sotāpanna

Ratings:
    +1,131
    Religion:
    In my own words
    Enlightenment is the "result" of doing the cultivation right, meaning that when following the teaching (in my case buddhism) the inner wisdom, or understanding why life is as it is and why we experience suffering in life. for a buddhist ending the suffering ( letting go of all human attachments like, greed, anger, jealosy, dispear, lying, and so on ) the inner wisdom rise and we see that we suffer because we cinging to life and how others treat us. Enlightenment is to see life as it actually is.and see that our human life is not the "real" life. but the spiritual life is the true life.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Shadow Link

Shadow Link Active Member

Ratings:
    +139
    Seems that Buddhism would be better suited for an introvert, where as Christianity would be better suited for an extrovert.

#25 Shadow Link, Feb 17, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2019
  6. Amanaki

Amanaki sotāpanna

Ratings:
    +1,131
    Religion:
    Buddhists look within and not out in to the world for answers, But we have compassion toward all living beings and by reaching enlightenment we can gain the wisdom to give others chance to reach enlightenment too (saved for lack of better words)

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. Shadow Link

Shadow Link Active Member

Ratings:
    +139
    balance?

8. Amanaki

Amanaki sotāpanna

Ratings:
    +1,131
    Religion:
    The teaching do lead to balance in life yes

• Like Like x 1
  9. Brickjectivity

Brickjectivity Focused Laser
    Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +6,703
    Religion:
    Liberal Christian almost quaker
    I have a difficult time accepting this, as the Buddhists I meet tend to be atheists. How is it that you are not one? The overview says that Therevada is about analysis. Did you become convinced of the gods through analysis?

10. Amanaki

Amanaki sotāpanna

Ratings:
    +1,131
    Religion:
    I know tht many Buddhists do see them self as atheists, But it depend on wht you put in the word atheist. Is it that there are no creator God? or is it that there are no Other Gods or Buddhas then
    Sakyamuni (historical buddha) Or is it that there is nothing after death?

Well I have no doubt that there are both Buddhas Gods or Daos in the existance, But the difference is that I have no proves for there being only One Creator God, and nothing else. Buddha Sakyamuni did not creat the cosmos. And he even spoke about other beings that seem to be beings in what we call heaven.

Yes Buddhism is analysis. We look at what we have in front of us "physical world" then we look at our experience in meditation "non physical world" and try to find answers to both worlds.

11. Ray Warren

Ray Warren There is beauty in the silence.

Ratings:
    +433
    Religion:
    A Quaker with Christian beliefs
    Nobody told me about this thread...Here's one question: would you consider the silent worship that Quakers use to find guidance from the Inner Light a form of mediation?or a form of prayer?Or both?

12. Amanaki

Amanaki sotāpanna

Ratings:
    +1,131
    Religion:
    As a buddhist there is nothing to worship :) only the silence of mind and the deeper state of the 4 jhanas :)

13. Ray Warren

Ray Warren There is beauty in the silence.

Ratings:
    +433
    Religion:
    A Quaker with Christian beliefs
    True.

• Like Like x 1