• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do You Have Anything Useful to Offer?

Kilgore Trout

Misanthropic Humanist
Do you think you have any knowledge, insight, or wisdom of value to offer posters on RF? Do you have more to offer, or more to learn from others on RF? If you have something to offer, what is it, in general terms? Where did you obtain this knowledge, insight, and or wisdom, and why do you think others don't have it?

Wannabe Yogi

Do you think you have any knowledge, insight, or wisdom of value to offer posters on RF? Do you have more to offer, or more to learn from others on RF? If you have something to offer, what is it, in general terms? Where did you obtain this knowledge, insight, and or wisdom, and why do you think others don't have it?

I think I have a fair knowledge of Hinduism and Christianity. I also have a lot of experience with Human behavior. But.... I tend not to use RF as a teaching platform ( Like any one give's a S--t what I believe) Its more of a place to have my idea's criticized. To see how well they hold up under the pressure of debate.

I also see it as a place to disseminate my poor sense of Humor.

Last edited:

bain-druie

Tree-Hugger!
Personally, I'm here for both: to learn from others and to share what I've learned. I am of the opinion (which may be misguidedly optimistic, I'm aware :p) that we can all learn from one another's unique viewpoints and experience.

I see it like an art class; we're all students. When we post topics, we're taking on in a sense the assignment to portray for others what we see in our own imagination. So like an art class is assigned to paint a particular tree in the middle of a barley field, we read different topics and choose which assignments we'll take on in the attempt to create art.

We'll all try to paint the same tree in a topic (hopefully), but no painting will be the same as any other. And there will always be some who look at our painting and walk away shaking their heads, having gained nothing from it; vice versa, there will be paintings we look at and think, 'WTF?' BUT - otoh, it is also to be hoped that there will be those who see our painting and say, 'Yes!' Perhaps they relate to it, perhaps it reveals something new to them, but whatever, they benefit. In the same way, we each benefit by reading the posts of others.

So I'm an art student. I think some of you may enjoy my work, and I know I'm already enjoying a lot of the work portrayed here by others. :beach:

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member

I can only offer my story and what I've learned. It's immensely valuable to me, but how others value it is out of my hands.

Other than that, I love learning about people. Y'all fascinate me.

Eliot Wild

Irreverent Agnostic Jerk

I have an almost supernaturally tenacious ability to withstand rejection from the female gender, especially after I've consumed alcohol. Hell, I can be told a thousand times by a woman to **** off and still come back for more. Uhhhh, while I am not sure if this superhuman skill is something that can be 'taught' to another, I have seen some local frat guys practicing their talents at one of the nightclubs I go to sometimes. Some of those young dudes are nearly as good at ignoring rejection as I am. It makes me proud.

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
I have an almost supernaturally tenacious ability to withstand rejection from the female gender, especially after I've consumed alcohol. Hell, I can be told a thousand times by a woman to **** off and still come back for more. Uhhhh, while I am not sure if this superhuman skill is something that can be 'taught' to another, I have seen some local frat guys practicing their talents at one of the nightclubs I go to sometimes. Some of those young dudes are nearly as good at ignoring rejection as I am. It makes me proud.

You just haven't been rejected by the right woman, yet. It needs to leave a mark either on your ego or your ***. :D

Gentoo

The Feisty Penguin
I rule RF with an Iron Fist... but am partial to bribes... and likely to be distracted...

croak

Trickster
Well, I'm hoping people can learn a little from a raven. Otherwise, I mostly visit to see what other people have said, and say something if someone else hasn't mentioned it already.

Engyo

Prince of Dorkness!
I'm mostly here to learn from folks; occasionally to offer something from my experience, if it seems relevant to me, and also to give me some intelligent e-conversation in the muddle of my workday.

Last edited:

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member

Yes! I have the inside scoop on the electric car conspiracy, having worked in the auto industry, & having family & friends who worked
on electric vehicles. There is no conspiracy against it. Of course, I should warn you....I've been accused of being part of the conspiracy.