• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do you have any future plan for your spiritual/religious belief/practice?

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Have you any thoughts about where you like your beliefs or practice to "get" you in near or far future?
Have your way of searching for answers changed a little or a lot?

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara
Have you any thoughts about where you like your beliefs or practice to "get" you in near or far future?

Er...no. In a word. :)

I don't know as I'd call it searching for answers, more likely trying to comprehend life, the universe and everything. Anyhoo, I used to read lots, the further back, the more I read. I sort of think I've read enough recipe books and now mostly get on with the cooking - zazen/life.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Er...no. In a word. :)

I don't know as I'd call it searching for answers, more likely trying to comprehend life, the universe and everything. Anyhoo, I used to read lots, the further back, the more I read. I sort of think I've read enough recipe books and now mostly get on with the cooking - zazen/life.
I dont know if you have a zen teacher...if you do.
Do they still wack you with a stick if you ask questions :confused: that happen to me ones when I talked to a zen monk :oops: he wack my head for asking questions....

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Plan, what's that? I have no plans for anything let alone for my beliefs or practices. :D
Well, maybe they have changed since the advent of the internet since the answers are more readily available and I also find answers from others on forums so that has changed since I came to forums.

Ashoka

श्री कृष्णा शरणं मम
I don't plan on reaching Moksha in this life; I hope to reincarnate and try again; maybe hang out with loved ones in the Pitri Loka (world of the ancestors) for a while.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Do they still wack you with a stick if you ask questions :confused: that happen to me ones when I talked to a zen monk :oops: he wack my head for asking questions....

Methinks id have wacked him back.

A new maths teacher didn't know about my dyslexia so picked on me for not completing his task and wacked me across the knuckles with his ruler. His tie was dangling so i grabbed it and yanked. Down he came and banged his head on the desk.

Of course he shouldn't have attacked and vice versa, the incident was never mentioned again

And not doing the spiritual thing i don't have a plan for it

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member

Well, my atheist beliefs about religion...

I subscribed to Curiosity Stream to continue to see if there exists anything which can't be explained by materialism.
Also has narrative explanations about the travels of the Apostles and other Christian related documentaries.

So basically learn more to support, redefine if necessary, my position.

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara
Sure that's not a Norwegian thing?! :)
I know of the shoulder being lightly struck during zazen sessions. It certainly isn't a thing I know of, in the UK. I recall the first thing the senior monk said on my arrival was "What questions would you like to ask..."

mangalavara

सो ऽहम्
Premium Member

Yes. I would like for my spiritual beliefs and practice to bring me to self-realization, that is, to full awareness of my true being: an eternal and immaterial soul that is part of Viṣṇu. Moreover, I want it to make me like him in my characteristics. Further, I want to truly, and I mean truly, find everlasting fulfillment in knowing him. Lastly, if he permits, I want my presence to be a genuine and effortless source of healing, peace, and spiritual inspiration to other beings.

No, but if I could meet a true Gurū who could help me, that would be wonderful. :)

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
I have completed my spiritual journey well in time.
My plan is to be here today, and see what tomorrow brings
which, Allah will decide. :)
Yes. I would like for my spiritual beliefs and practice to bring me to self-realization, that is, to full awareness of my true being: an eternal and immaterial soul that is part of Viṣṇu. Moreover, I want it to make me like him in my characteristics. Further, I want to truly, and I mean truly, find everlasting fulfillment in knowing him. Lastly, if he permits, I want my presence to be a genuine and effortless source of healing, peace, and spiritual inspiration to other beings.
No, but if I could meet a true Gurū who could help me, that would be wonderful. :)
Best wishes for your effort.
Be your own guru.

Last edited:

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
Yes

I became less judgmental and more content, equal minded, joyful, blissful (on occasion) and wise

So, definitely it has been good for me

Viker

Häxan
My little group has been growing over the years. We've recently discussed a larger venue for when we're indoors. We're also planning on going more public and a possible internet presence.

We might even have members knocking your doors soon. :D

Personally, I plan on changing around some of my decor and incorporating other aspects in to my rites.

Martin

Spam, wonderful spam (bloody vikings!)
Methinks id have wacked him back.

A new maths teacher didn't know about my dyslexia so picked on me for not completing his task and wacked me across the knuckles with his ruler. His tie was dangling so i grabbed it and yanked. Down he came and banged his head on the desk.

Of course he shouldn't have attacked and vice versa, the incident was never mentioned again

And not doing the spiritual thing i don't have a plan for it

We had nuns at primary school, they were vicious with a ruler.