• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do you have any funny religious stories to share?

I would like to share 4 of my favorite stories with you and would love to hear what you have to share as well.

My first story centered around a coven who was nice enough to invite me to their Lughnasadh celebration. Before the circle was opened, the coven decided to cast a spell for it to rain in our area. It was a little after 9 pm in New Braunfels Texas and we were in a terrible drought with no significant rain for over a year. Well after 10 minutes of our spell casting it started to rain outside and we were amazed at what happened, but then as the High Priestess and Priest called the quarters to open the circle the rain was pouring down and nearby thunder was so loud it was interrupting the ceremony. We all had a great laugh afterward at the coincidence of our calling upon the rain and how our prayers were answered within 10 minutes of our spell casting. It was a great night and it was amazing to see because the rain only seemed to affect the New Braunfels area we were in and no where else in our drought area received any rain that night!

The Second story I would like to share is when I was fortunate enough to attend a Mabon Celebration that a High Priestess from the Order of Syblings foundation hosted. Our gathering took place on county property that we rented to host our event. It was a wonderful time that was centered around a family setting and our circle casting was centered around family and giving thanks to the blessings we received over the summer months. Well just a few hundred yards from our rented space for the day there happened to be a larger area that was rented by some Christians that were having a Jesus Jam celebration that I guess was their fall celebration, but it was just so funny hearing our music and the Christian music blend together as each side was peacefully attending their service, our witches couldn't help laughing at the irony of the situation and it was one of the most fun celebrations I had to date! :)

I attended a family zoo day with a wonderful coven that sponsored this event for pagan families to get together and spend a day with the animals and each other. I really enjoyed the closeness this extended family had and I was amazed how well we blended in with the general population. That is until we ate at the restaurant of the zoo we attended. You see the Coven I was with base their heritage on the hierarchy of a Wolf clan and believed in eating raw meat. Well the high priestess in front of me insisted to the cook that she wanted her burger filled with Raw meat and I over heard him saying "Mam, the health regulations of our city state that I have to heat the meat to at least 160 degrees." It was a very interesting day and I really had fun with them, I am so honored they invited me to their day out! :)

Back in 2008 I went to 20 different Christian themed churches and really enjoyed the Christian fellowship, but there was one particular church I felt uncomfortable and was ready to bolt out the door as soon as I could. You see what happened was that the preacher and congregation was really getting fired up about putting on the armor of God and sharpening their swords. I was impressed with their enthusiasm about God etc, but after the service ended one of the members asked me if I wanted to come back later tonight and literally sharpen some swords for God? I thought they were talking figuratively but after hearing their invitation I said "sure I'll be back later" and ran to my car as fast as I could when no one was looking haha!

I hope you enjoy the stories I shared with you and hope you know I meant no disrespect to any person or religious group I was with. I was just so grateful to be able to step out of my comfort zone to see some wonderful and diverse people I had the pleasure of meeting over the years and how similar and yet different their customs were from mine.

Last edited: