• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do You Have a Preferred Medium?

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
haven't been following the industry for years, so I don't know much about it. I did learn that I didn't want to be a programmer.:)

I don't either. I used to be a programmer, back when I valued intelligence a bit too much as a human quality and thought I too should be brainy. I'm more indifferent now but I'd say more indifferent for the better.

Salty Booger

Royal Crown Cola (RC)
I don't either. I used to be a programmer, back when I valued intelligence a bit too much as a human quality and thought I too should be brainy. I'm more indifferent now but I'd say more indifferent for the better.
I suspect a good programmer needs to be a bit OC to be good at their job, or maybe that was once a requirement.

MNoBody

I once took a rock to the machine shop where I worked and used the sand blaster to sculpt it into a face.
been thinking about blasting... i have about oh not really sure now how many tons of granite piled up in the back....have to get the shop set back up and get to processing.....

Salty Booger

Royal Crown Cola (RC)
been thinking about blasting... i have about oh not really sure now how many tons of granite piled up in the back....have to get the shop set back up and get to processing.....
Is your avatar a picture of one of your creations?

MNoBody

Is your avatar a picture of one of your creations?
yes..these 2
they are about 2 ft square made from 1/2 inch thick granite and slate
I merged the 2 photos to make the avatar

Attachments

• horse.png
    horse.png
    373.7 KB · Views: 0
  • eagle.png
    eagle.png
    988.4 KB · Views: 0

MNoBody

Those are cool. You are truly an Artist. Do you have an online gallery? I would like to see more.
things are in hiatus for the time being.
changed location and such things take time.....
most of the work...well pretty much all of it was custom work on location
kind of cool to live in mansions for decades, finishing touches, test runs of features, pools steam showers spas, etc...
but decades of that wears a body down....
here's a pic i have on this machine
salmon.png

cut on a wet saw, 1/2 thick travertine frame and selected slate's for the salmon inlay,
set in mortar on cement backer board.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
I am an artistic fellow at times, having tried various things over the years.

Sketching
Oil Paint
Pastels
Ink
Water Colors
Sculpting in Clay
Wood Craft

What materials have you worked over the years?
My prefered medium is acrylic paint, but i have worked with all of the mediums in your list :)
I am educated as a drawing and painting artist back in the 90s, but never worked professionally with it.

I added one of my paintings made this year :)

Attachments

• 20201006_073958.jpg
    20201006_073958.jpg
    278.1 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Salty Booger

Royal Crown Cola (RC)
My prefered medium is acrylic paint, but i have worked with all of the mediums in your list :)
I am educated as a drawing and painting artist back in the 90s, but never worked professionally with it.

I added one of my paintings made this year :)
I wanted to try acrylics because my understanding is that they are more affordable than oils. Never got around to it though.

MNoBody

the daily grind for 3 decades
doing things along these lines as run of the mill....
punctuated by some really cool projects
too busy plying a trade to branch off into the more artistic venues, and now with a broken economy, well art is teets up for who knows...it may never recover.
100_0384.JPG
HPIM0985.JPG
34.jpg

Brickjectivity

Turned to Stone. Now I stretch daily.
Staff member
Premium Member
I once tried my hand at programming in C, C++. It went pretty well until my source code grew to such a degree that it became terrible difficult to debug. I don't know how programs/games are written anymore, but would be interested to learn.
The comp sci people are starting to think that programming has plateau'd. They think they have explored most programming paradigms. I foresee a new one on the horizon, however; and this programming language will presume 2 processes communicating with each other instead of a single Turing process. The language will be called 'Pair Language' or something like that. It will arise out of the new programming style where people program together, and they will discover nature's secret of sympathetic and parasympathetic forming a much more powerful coding language. The coding landscape will be blown away, although c and c++ will probably survive the blast. In this way the comp scientists will finally crack the ultimate puzzle which is how to....

How darn I forgot what I was talking about. I hope it wasn't terribly important.

Salty Booger

Royal Crown Cola (RC)
the daily grind for 3 decades
doing things along these lines as run of the mill....
punctuated by some really cool projects
too busy plying a trade to branch off into the more artistic venues, and now with a broken economy, well art is teets up for who knows...it may never recover.
View attachment 43544 View attachment 43545 View attachment 43546
I laid some slate years back reworking the surface under and behind the wood stove. It was fun but messy. Had to cut many angles in the slate.

Salty Booger

Royal Crown Cola (RC)
The comp sci people are starting to think that programming has plateau'd. They think they have explored most programming paradigms. I foresee a new one on the horizon, however; and this programming language will presume 2 processes communicating with each other instead of a single Turing process. The language will be called 'Pair Language' or something like that. It will arise out of the new programming style where people program together, and they will discover nature's secret of sympathetic and parasympathetic forming a much more powerful coding language. The coding landscape will be blown away, although c and c++ will probably survive the blast. In this way the comp scientists will finally crack the ultimate puzzle which is how to....

How darn I forgot what I was talking about. I hope it wasn't terribly important.
I caught a vid about AI being utilized in future programming, the tech need only to input the parameters on the new project.

MNoBody

I laid some slate years back reworking the surface under and behind the wood stove. It was fun but messy. Had to cut many angles in the slate.
well, by the powers invested in me I bestow this honorary trowel to you for service in the field
use it well:)
trowel.jpg

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
In the medium of paints, acrylics. Specifically Golden Open Acrylics (Slow-drying with a sort of oils appearance to them). Good for fine detail and blending, due to the protracted drying time, which is key since I use them mainly for portraiture.

In the medium of word, English. It's the only language I know, which helps in my preferring it. When I use it artistically, I use it in poetry and essays. I don't think of it as the most beautiful sounding language for poetry -- that would go to French, Japanese, or Chinese, for me. But I like its considerable flexibility, it's almost unsurpassed vocabulary, the ease with which new words can be incorporated into it, and so forth.

For essays, I like most of the same features as for poetry, but even more the precision and nuance of its vocabulary. Of course, like any language, there are some terms that we could really do with splitting their multiple meanings into a group of much more precise words, such as 'love'.

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara
Thanks but I probably wouldn't use it much. I have this special program where it helps me fill in the pixels individually with a mouse or finger tap and I can zoom in greatly on individual pixels. I appreciate the offer though. You're very kind.
What's the program? (I use Art Set - my avatar thus :D )

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
- Growing things, eg, hostas, trees, lilies, landscapes.
- Metal, mechanical elements

My greatest achievement might've been a heavy truck
air brake control system. It actually astonished the
department manager. I watched his eyes widen, his
jaw drop upon seeing it. It was beautiful, functional, &
like nothing ever done before. Design should inspire joy.