• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do You Have a Preferred Medium?

Salty Booger

Royal Crown Cola (RC)
I am an artistic fellow at times, having tried various things over the years.

Sketching
Oil Paint
Pastels
Ink
Water Colors
Sculpting in Clay
Wood Craft

What materials have you worked over the years?

Jesster

Friendly skeptic
Premium Member
Ink, water colors, charcoal, and computer graphics are my favorite art mediums. If I had the supplies, then welding too. I'd also love to get more into photography.

Salty Booger

Royal Crown Cola (RC)
I like working with pixels making digital art. The characters are often below 128x128.
I purchased a digital drawing board recently. It didn't work for me. It was too awkward trying to draw on the board while watching the computer screen. I put it back in the box. If you know someone who wants it, I will ship it to them for free. It's just gonna sit on the shelf otherwise.

Jesster

Friendly skeptic
Premium Member
I purchased a digital drawing board recently. It didn't work for me. It was too awkward trying to draw on the board while watching the computer screen. I put it back in the box. If you know someone who wants it, I will ship it to them for free. It's just gonna sit on the shelf otherwise.
ME! Haha, unless you had someone else in mind.

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member

Thanks but I probably wouldn't use it much. I have this special program where it helps me fill in the pixels individually with a mouse or finger tap and I can zoom in greatly on individual pixels. I appreciate the offer though. You're very kind.

Jesster

Friendly skeptic
Premium Member
Metal welding? My last employer had a metal sculpture in the lobby. I didn't like it because it reminded me of the scrap bins at a machine shop where I once worked.
Yeah, I learned how to weld really well. My first college major was mechanical engineering and the school wanted us to know the practical side of it as well as the theoretical side. I did really well in the class and I'd love to get into welding sculptures sometime when I can.

LOL. Pm me a shipping address and it is yours. You ar quick on the draw... LOL
No kidding? Well I'll have to take you up on that offer then. Thanks! Will the shipping cost you much though? I hate making others toss away their hard-earned money.

Salty Booger

Royal Crown Cola (RC)
Thanks but I probably wouldn't use it much. I have this special program where it helps me fill in the pixels individually with a mouse or finger tap and I can zoom in greatly on individual pixels. I appreciate the offer though. You're very kind.[/QUOTE
I don't want it sitting on the shelf. I'm adamant about sharing those things that I no longer use.

MNoBody

many mediums.....stone has been the principle material though.
the avatar I switched to is made from 2 pieces done intarsia style which I merged digitally....a low rez version....should redo it.

Salty Booger

Royal Crown Cola (RC)
Yeah, I learned how to weld really well. My first college major was mechanical engineering and the school wanted us to know the practical side of it as well as the theoretical side. I did really well in the class and I'd love to get into welding sculptures sometime when I can.

No kidding? Well I'll have to take you up on that offer then. Thanks! Will the shipping cost you much though? I hate making others toss away their hard-earned money.
The original shipping tag says 2.4lbs. I don't know that I trust USPS anymore and might send it UPs. I will let you know whether the shipping charge will break the bank. If it is within $10.00, I'm fine with that.

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
I am an artistic fellow at times, having tried various things over the years.
I would like to create a video game that communicates and enriches. That's the medium I admire most. Another one is robotics, but for me that would not be an artistic medium just a technical one. For some people though I could see animatronics as a very rich medium. Today you can go infinitely far beyond. You can have drama and special effects and characters that leap and move about. You could make them seem lifelike or fantastical or whatever. The possibilities are your skillset.

Salty Booger

Royal Crown Cola (RC)
many mediums.....stone has been the principle material though.
the avatar I switched to is made from 2 pieces done intarsia style which I merged digitally....a low rez version....should redo it.
I once took a rock to the machine shop where I worked and used the sand blaster to sculpt it into a face.

Salty Booger

Royal Crown Cola (RC)
I would like to create a video game that communicates and enriches. That's the medium I admire most. Another one is robotics, but for me that would not be an artistic medium just a technical one. For some people though I could see animatronics as a very rich medium. Today you can go infinitely far beyond. You can have drama and special effects and characters that leap and move about. You could make them seem lifelike or fantastical or whatever. The possibilities are your skillset.
I once tried my hand at programming in C, C++. It went pretty well until my source code grew to such a degree that it became terrible difficult to debug. I don't know how programs/games are written anymore, but would be interested to learn.

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
I once tried my hand at programming in C, C++. It went pretty well until my source code grew to such a degree that it became terrible difficult to debug. I don't know how programs/games are written anymore, but would be interested to learn.

Although the languages you mentioned are still used in the industry, I find the game engines often have their own easier scripting language these days. Take Unreal Engine for instance.

Salty Booger

Royal Crown Cola (RC)
Although the languages you mentioned are still used in the industry, I find the game engines often have their own easier scripting language these days. Take Unreal Engine for instance.
haven't been following the industry for years, so I don't know much about it. I did learn that I didn't want to be a programmer.:)