• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do you have a least-favorite Religion?

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Just wondering what your least favorite Religion is. Mine is the one that is currently doing more to promote bigotry, oppression of women, misogyny, religious war, intolerance, brainwashing, and terrorism in the name of God. I think it's disgusting when people will oppress other people because they believe something different about this invisible God.

If God is invisible and chooses to hide himself and remain silent (which he does), He's asking for there to be division! So let people believe what they want to!!

I know that the faith I belong to (Catholicism) has been quite guilty of that as well, and I find it disgusting. It is the Church of latter day sinners. The Church is made up of sinners and that is what sinners do is sin.
"I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners" Luke 5:32. I've been very hurt by the Church. Many have. I follow my heart over any Dogma...and the God of the Bible isn't the God I know.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Dodged! :D

OK, I sympathize.

I'll simplify it even further -- nearly all of them, unless specifically stated. I reject dogma completely, and most religions contain dogma. :D
I don't like Dogma either. I think any Religion is okay until it starts leading to bigotry, judging others, and telling other people they have to believe what you do or there is some dreadful consequence in the afterlife.

Such behavior from anyone makes me sick and I see it in my fellow Christians all the time.

lovesong

:D
Premium Member
I'll continue the trend here: I definitely have one (or two), but for the sake of not getting into any little tizzies with people, I too shall refrain from saying anything more. :p

Spiderman

Veteran Member
I'll continue the trend here: I definitely have one (or two), but for the sake of not getting into any little tizzies with people, I too shall refrain from saying anything more. :p
Well, I'm glad to see you are a Polytheist these days and no longer an Atheist :)

Spiderman

Veteran Member
I'm not sure if I necessarily "hate" any religion.

Modern day Islam kinda makes me sick; even in Western countries.

What is your religion?
Catholicism...I don't embrace the Dogma...it's just that when I pray to Mother Mary I go from being miserable and hating life to getting filled with bliss, euphoria, peace, Celestial pleasures, charity, humility, and become a better person. I also like the Eucharist, confession, and mass....but I don't embrace the Catholic Dogma, so guess I'm a heretic.

Last edited by a moderator:

Spiderman

Veteran Member
What is the solution to extreme Abrahamism? I'm guessing God gives us the Antichrist to find a solution to that problem.

Lorgar-Aurelian

I suppose the obvious answer is Islam. When a religion wants you dead it's kind of hard not to dislike it more than others. Though I have to admit I think I actually have more issue with Muslim behavior than Islam itself.

A good portion of the rather backward attitudes Islam has come directly from religions and people like the Jews ,Christians and polytheists of Arabia. Just a bit more militant really. Granted after going through the whole bible recently it's not like I couldn't list a few backwards things from that source material.

That being said at least Islam has an interesting history and has such a grand influence on how huge portions of the world think abut things. That in and of itself means it can at least be fun to look into and see how people around the world practice Islam in different places.

Mormonism has a spot up there but for different reasons. To me Mormonism and Islam are two of the most obvious scam religions that have ever become popular. Mormonism has some of the downright silliest beliefs that border on " Okay you are no longer Christian, you are a random polytheistic cult." The idea that the father , the son and the holy spirit are entirely separate entities pretty much makes it polytheism.

Mormonism is like a train wreck religion that is just fun to watch.

The you have parody religion like pastafarianism and in some sense Satanism. These kind of paths tend to feel like something most people should of grown out of by now. The parody of pastafarianism is just not funny. I'm sorry I get what you are going for but you are making it so obvious, and now a one off joke has become a fake religion. Oh boy the meme bois have a lot of fun with this one.

I would say atheism but I'm sure i'd get at least one person going "Atheism is not a religion." Well obviously but if you've seen the way some people react to atheism being criticized it would certainly seem like a sacred cow to some people. Atheism Plus is a religion and quite possibly one of the most annoying SJW ridden religions I've ever encountered. It hurts my head to think about them.

james bond

Atheism and communism. They go hand-in-hand. For example, the New Atheism is a political movement.

We already have CNN = Communist News Network in place.

Lorgar-Aurelian

Atheism and communism. They go hand-in-hand. For example, the New Atheism is a political movement.

We already have CNN = Communist News Network in place.
I think the only new atheist guy I've ever been a fan of on any level was Hitchens. Richard Dawkins is just .... just no. Oh that reminds me, thank you for mentioning communism cause it reminded me to post something.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
I would say a good number of abrahamic religions are at the top. The misery and violence Abrahamic religion have caused is unparralled throughout documented history, and gave rise in influencing some terrible people in ways that cannot be comprehended.