• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do you have a healthy relationship with God?

Ponder This

In my own humble experience, it is impossible 2 have a healthy relationship with anyone if it is based on fear.

Any thoughts/comments?

Enjoy your day!

There's a thin line between fear and respect.

While you might say it is impossible to have a healthy relationship with the universe (if you are constantly afraid that a random asteroid will hit Earth and wipe out all life), the reality is that it is possible to have a healthy relationship with the universe by overcoming your fears and embracing respect.

Fear is an emotional response you have to a person, place, or thing. It is you who chooses to make fear the basis of your relationship. You are the one who makes the relationship emotionally unhealthy for yourself.

I have a fear of heights. My response to that fear was to learn rock climbing. Someone else's response might be to avoid rock climbing. One of these relationships is healthy. The other is not.

Grandliseur

In my own humble experience, it is impossible 2 have a healthy relationship with anyone if it is based on fear.

Any thoughts/comments?

Enjoy your day!
Our relationship with God, with Christ should not be based on fear, if it is then the believer has a big problem. As it says, there is no fear in love.
1 John 4:18 There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love. 19 We love him, because he first loved us. 20 If a man say, I love God, and hateth his brother, he is a liar: for he that loveth not his brother whom he hath seen, how can he love God whom he hath not seen? 21 And this commandment have we from him, That he who loveth God love his brother also.​
Our faith is also called the way, a way is a road from a to b. In some countries very dangerous roads do exist which are also carefully marked with signpost to warn of highest speeds, of necessary stops, etc. If a driver on such a road obeys these signs, speed, etc. safe driving may be experienced. If the driver thinks of thrill driving and reckless speeds, safe driving is no longer possible and may lead to injury or death.

Thus, the statement said once before, obedience = victory (life), disobedience = death, needs to be taken to heart.
If the believer disregards the strict edicts stated to Christians in the NT and willfully embarks on a road to hell, he will surely get there. (though hell of torment doesn't exist, eternal sleep does)

The believer comes to a point where s/he may request assistance in prayer and know that this will be provided according to the will of God, if they prayer is according to said will. So, don't expect a yacht, a luxury high end car, or something like that.
---------
I saw your comment about scaring little children with the devil. The devil will be more than happy to accommodate some requests that God won't. He is not God's executioner, but tries to offer to us what God already has offered to us freely in wicked packages, paid for sex that corrupts and contains illnesses against sex through marriage, feeling naturally good or feeling good by drugs that destroy many, money through wickedness that hurts many.

His gifts are a kind of get rich schemes in which the end justifies the giver. satan's ultimate goal is our deaths through disobedience to God. If he needs to give people money to engage in wickedness, he is only happy to oblige.

Last edited:

Tumah

Veteran Member

Any thoughts/comments?

Enjoy your day!
I guess it depends on how you're defining "healthy" here. I mean, I recommend any relationship with a bear be based on fear. You don't have to be afraid of it, but that's a decent way to get mauled. Definitely a lot better for your health if you run out of fear.