• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do you hate your job? Here's something to keep in mind...

Laika

Premium Member
As the videos below have no sound, may I suggest some appropriate background music?

The cargo ship the Evergreen took *cough* an interesting path before entering and blocking the Suez Canal.

...And here is how much disruption this one cargo ship has caused....

So as you go in to work today, during a pandemic and an economic collapse, remember, you are a professional and you take your job seriously...

...and you are not the person who has to explain how you disrupted 12% of the world's trade, bringing the world economy screeching to a halt after drawing a **** on your SATNAV to your boss...

Feeling better? :D

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
The cost of disruption is not really hitting yet. Wen it does begin to bite in a few days we can expect rapid price rises in foods and fuel

Daemon Sophic

Actually, that pattern looks reasonable for an unanchored ship fighting to hold still against a strong northward current. You’ll notice how most of the ships had the better spots along either side of the faster moving water of the central channel.

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
I read about it on Reuters. The ship has been stuck for many hours and has struck bottom. There is also a rock next to it. They've already dredged 18feet of sand under it, but its still stuck on the bottom. About 20 tugboats and 20 dredgers (not exact number) have been taking 12 hour turns trying to get it moved.

They can't take any containers off of it until Monday! I don't know why.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
As the videos below have no sound, may I suggest some appropriate background music?

The cargo ship the Evergreen took *cough* an interesting path before entering and blocking the Suez Canal.

So as you go in to work today, during a pandemic and an economic collapse, remember, you are a professional and you take your job seriously...

...and you are not the person who has to explain how you disrupted 12% of the world's trade, bringing the world economy screeching to a halt after drawing a **** on your SATNAV to your boss...

I think Captain Peachfuzz must have been at the helm on this ship.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Suez Canal: Time running out for 92,000 animals stranded on ships

Of all the millions of tons of cargo that’s piled up in the Suez Canal, none is more delicate than the animals crammed into the hulls of several of the ships.

Little information is available, with neither canal officials nor shipping executives willing to talk, but data compiled by Bloomberg indicate as many as 14 vessels stuck in and around the canal could be carrying thousands of livestock.

Given the Europe-to-Middle East itineraries of many, they are most likely carrying sheep. Ships carrying 92,000 animals to Jordan are stranded, an official said.

While much of the waylaid cargo is commodity products such as oil that can be stored on ships for long periods, livestock need food and water, and such deliveries usually carry only enough for a few extra days.

That could create a critical situation for ships to find feed supplies at a local port, or force them to turn around. Dislodging the vessel blocking the canal may take at least a week, longer than initially feared, people familiar with the matter said.

“I wouldn’t expect just after a two-day delay for a problem to have built up,” said Peter Stevenson, chief policy officer at animal-welfare group Compassion in World Farming, which has called for an end to the live-animal shipments.

“It’s as time goes by that the problems get worse. Occasionally, there are real scandals when things go wrong, but it’s a day-to-day horror.”

Cattle can also be transported by sea, and ships would generally have at least two or three days’ worth of extra hay or feed on board, said Bob Bishop, president of the Livestock Exporters Association of the USA. If the feed runs out, they could get more from a port while refueling. A ship that can’t get to dock could get feed from a barge in what’s known as “midstream loading,” he said.

Seven livestock vessels that were due to arrive to Aqaba on March 21 are stranded near the Suez Canal, Captain George Dahdal, Representative of Jordan Navigation Syndicate, said by phone.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member

On the job tunes to boost spirits....

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
They will need to come up with a better way to get the ships unstuck next time.

What a massive ship. I would like to have a ship like that filled with snacks, endless containers of snacks.