• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do you hate me more or less now that I have an avatar of my actual self?

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Thoughts and opinions not changed at all. You're still the same guy behind the monitor, using the same fingers to tyoe the same words.
I hate everyone. Equality and all that.
I still have that mindset, its still basically my default go to, but I don't think I believe it anymore. Now instead of hating humanity as a whole, I now just hate those who **** me off. And its been way fewer. But Ill still describe myself as an equal opportunity hater and go on about how people need to die.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Yup. Me. Before life happened.

One_Year_Old.jpg

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
I still have that mindset, its still basically my default go to, but I don't think I believe it anymore. Now instead of hating humanity as a whole, I now just hate those who **** me off. And its been way fewer. But Ill still describe myself as an equal opportunity hater and go on about how people need to die.
I think I was taught this mindset from all the metal bands I listened to. Because they would alway sing about how horrible humanity is and point out our faults through sociopolitical topics. But I’m actually pretty optimistic about the capabilities of humanity as a whole. Yes we have done awful things and many people are indeed asshats. But I mean look at the things we’ve also achieved. Barely 60 years ago there were separate drinking fountains for people of different skin colours. 40 years ago SSM was unfathomable in much of the West.
I mean yeah we still have to fight tooth and nail. And the death throes of the “old order” will kick and scream. But progression usually wins eventually, right?

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
I think I was taught this mindset from all the metal bands I listened to. Because they would alway sing about how horrible humanity is and point out our faults through sociopolitical topics. But I’m actually pretty optimistic about the capabilities of humanity as a whole. Yes we have done awful things and many people are indeed asshats. But I mean look at the things we’ve also achieved. Barely 60 years ago there were separate drinking fountains for people of different skin colours. 40 years ago SSM was unfathomable in much of the West.
I mean yeah we still have to fight tooth and nail. And the death throes of the “old order” will kick and scream. But progression usually wins eventually, right?

I think the world is both chaotic and can cleanse itself. For example, I think things will get better short term, but we'll eventually reach a point very long term where somehow, some way, everything gets wiped out, to begin a new cycle without humans.

I don't really think it will be in my lifetime, but if it is, I'd like to see it unfold under the theory that if there is such a real thing as manifestations of God, or however you want to call it, if any would care about humans enough to intervene and guide everyone to stopping whatever catastrophe.

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
I think the world is both chaotic and can cleanse itself. For example, I think things will get better short term, but we'll eventually reach a point very long term where somehow, some way, everything gets wiped out, to begin a new cycle without humans.

I don't really think it will be in my lifetime, but if it is, I'd like to see it unfold under the theory that if there is such a real thing as manifestations of God, or however you want to call it, if any would care about humans enough to intervene and guide everyone to stopping whatever catastrophe.
Well we’re only temporary, I suppose. Eventually something has to give. I wonder if we’ll end up like humanity does in the Time Machine.

*spoiler warning, I guess*
Little hobbit like creatures living simple lives, fearing a predator.

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
Thanks. Yeah, it's me, Landon Caeli. :)
Well hello again Landon Caeli.....have you undergone a transformation?
I always thought your old avatar was you....:shrug:

Is this the new you? I don't think anyone hated you before...why would they?
We are all just a bunch of opinions here....its not personal.

Welcome back :) Your daughter is beautiful BTW....:hearteyes:

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Definitely a 10.
Why?
Hmmm...... You look young, handsome, healthy, fit, strong, intelligent, worldly, happy, contented.......... hell, I hate all that!

From OB, an old, ugly, sickening, unfit, weak, thick, inverted, p-ssed off and grumpy old git.

Next!

:p
I SO admire your honesty Badge. I kinda felt the same way but was afraid to say it. ;)

Heyo

Veteran Member
just curious at what level you hate me on a scale of 1 to 10.
You just went up a notch.
No, not really, but I think it's dangerous and irresponsible. I hope it doesn't become an example for others.
I value my anonymity on the net and I think it's a good thing that RF gives me the option to keep it. And it's a good thing that most RFers keep theirs.
Of course everyone is free to disclose his own identity but was it a free and informed decision on your side? Are you aware of the possible repercussions?

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
You just went up a notch.
No, not really, but I think it's dangerous and irresponsible. I hope it doesn't become an example for others.
I value my anonymity on the net and I think it's a good thing that RF gives me the option to keep it. And it's a good thing that most RFers keep theirs.
Of course everyone is free to disclose his own identity but was it a free and informed decision on your side? Are you aware of the possible repercussions?

I thought about it, but my worst "internet horror story" managed to happen despite me never having posted any pictures on the internet. Let's just say it made me realize that me not posting pictures of myself didn't automatically give me any sort of bulletproof shield; that for me, it was all just an illusion. After that, I decided I may post pictures in rather limited capacities - just not where I think employers could easily access them and any time they want to.

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
Only joking...
:D

I do the same

Note: While trying to keep it short, I took 2 words, but without context it seems opposite of what I meant:
:D, meaning I like that, and don't see it often
"I do the same", meaning I also admit within a few seconds "it's a joke", when joking

Last edited: