• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do you guys remember this Kitty Kitty?

whereismynotecard

Treasure Hunter
Isn't there a limit to cuteness on RF?

So much cuteness will crash the server.

You're going to be so sad when you hear what became of this kitty...

Do you remember her?
A while ago, in July maybe? I posted (probably in the random meaningless announcements
thread) a story about this kitty. Here's what became of her:

We found her in the highway, running around, and she was really skinny, so we figured
that her owners weren't taking good care of her since she looked so unhealthy and was
running about in the road. So we cat-napped her. We took her home and fed her, and let
her live in my sister's room.(because my sister was still in Australia) After a while, my
sister came home, so we let the kitty live out in the building where two of our other cats
live. But she was mean to them and hissed at them, and they never learned to get along.
The cat also still looked skinny. My mom and sister named her Olivia, but I called her
Detective Benson(after the Law and Order SVU character)

So since she was mean to the other cats, we let her live outside. We were afraid that
she would go back up to the highway, but she didn't. She just wandered around and laid
around. I thought she acted like a normal cat, except she was really skinny. So today
I went to class and when I came home, my mom said that Detective Benson had been
walking kind of weird, so she took her to the vet (also because she never gained weight)
She said the vet told her that Detective Benson probably had kitty lukemia, and that she
should be put to sleep. My mom also said that the vet said the other kitties could catch
the disease.

I told my mom that I wasn't sure about putting her to sleep... Because I always have a tough
time with deciding for animals that there life isn't worth living, but then my mom said
that they already did it... She was sad, and she felt bad for agreeing to it, but Detective
Benson could have given the kitty lukemia to the other cats if she stayed here, and maybe
she would have been miserable forever. It's a really tough call, I think... I've never had
kitty lukemia so I don't know if I could say whether it would be better to just be dead...
I try to think of it like a migrane. If I had a migrane for the rest of my life, I might rather
be dead.

...So maybe Detective Benson didn't want to live with kitty lukemia.

I guess we'll never know.

gnomon

Do you remember her?
A while ago, in July maybe? I posted (probably in the random meaningless announcements

We found her in the highway, running around, and she was really skinny, so we figured
that her owners weren't taking good care of her since she looked so unhealthy and was
running about in the road. So we cat-napped her. We took her home and fed her, and let
her live in my sister's room.(because my sister was still in Australia) After a while, my
sister came home, so we let the kitty live out in the building where two of our other cats
live. But she was mean to them and hissed at them, and they never learned to get along.
The cat also still looked skinny. My mom and sister named her Olivia, but I called her

So since she was mean to the other cats, we let her live outside. We were afraid that
she would go back up to the highway, but she didn't. She just wandered around and laid
around. I thought she acted like a normal cat, except she was really skinny. So today
I went to class and when I came home, my mom said that Detective Benson had been
walking kind of weird, so she took her to the vet (also because she never gained weight)
She said the vet told her that Detective Benson probably had kitty lukemia, and that she
should be put to sleep. My mom also said that the vet said the other kitties could catch
the disease.

I told my mom that I wasn't sure about putting her to sleep... Because I always have a tough
time with deciding for animals that there life isn't worth living, but then my mom said
that they already did it... She was sad, and she felt bad for agreeing to it, but Detective
Benson could have given the kitty lukemia to the other cats if she stayed here, and maybe
she would have been miserable forever. It's a really tough call, I think... I've never had
kitty lukemia so I don't know if I could say whether it would be better to just be dead...
I try to think of it like a migrane. If I had a migrane for the rest of my life, I might rather
be dead.

I'm sorry to read this. I missed those posts. I'm sad for the situation.

This reminds of the first cat we took in who was thrown out of a truck in front of my grandmother's house right in front of me. We took her home and she stayed with us for a few years before we gave her to our grandmother to care for.

Again, I'm sorry for what happened.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.

Do you remember her?

the disease.

be dead.

I'm sad for what happened, frubals for your compassion.

whereismynotecard

Treasure Hunter
Well... At least she didn't live with us for years... She was only here for a few months... and Baggins didn't like her, so she and I didn't really bond much... I just hope the other kitties didn't get the lukemia from her. That would be terrible. Our outdoor cat, Martha, has been living with us for 6 or so years. She's really old, and immortal, I think. She got hit by a car before... and she didn't die... O_O It would be sad if she got lukemia and died because we tried to save Detective Benson... We were trying to be nice, and I just hope that our other kitties don't get sick and die because of it...

It's just not a good situation at all. I'm glad I wasn't there when they put her to sleep. That would have been so sad. My mom said she cried. Now I'm making myself sad just typing about it. I didn't even know her that well... I don't know why I'm so sad...

I guess maybe the reality of the situation is sinking in... I didn't really feel very sad until just now...

Nepenthe

Tu Stultus Es
I didn't wanna bump this and make the sad that much sadder but I just had to say sorry WIMNC. :(
Poor kitty.
2893764062_89e2d4a044.jpg

whereismynotecard

Treasure Hunter
That's life....

At least maybe she had a nice time living with us
and getting fed instead of running about in the
street looking for food... Everything has to die
sometime.

It is better for Detective Benson to have been able to be somewhere warm and comfortable before she died, you and your mum did a nice thing for her and made her last few months more comfortable. :hug:

Feline lukemia is most commonly transmitted to other cats by sexual contact and biting. I had a cat with fids which is much the same thing and none of my other cats got it. I did think about putting him down and had to in the end when he was very sick, but the other cats pretty much avoided him (he was kind of an *******) and he was a house cat and fixed so he wasn't a danger to other cats in the neighbourhood so this is how I justified not doing it :)

whereismynotecard

Treasure Hunter
Detective Benson was mean to the other cats too.
Maybe they get mean when they are sick... ???

But all of our cats are girls, and I don't think any
of them are lesbians. So there probably was no
secks. She may have bitten them though... Not
that I witnessed... but I wasn't watching them
constantly... I hope the other cats are okay....

Detective Benson was mean to the other cats too.
Maybe they get mean when they are sick... ???

But all of our cats are girls, and I don't think any
of them are lesbians. So there probably was no
secks. She may have bitten them though... Not
that I witnessed... but I wasn't watching them
constantly... I hope the other cats are okay....

The other cats probably avoided her because she was sick, animals can smell cancer cells apparently :shrug: , the bite would have had to draw blood so you would have likely seen it if it happened, so my guess they will be fine. I don't think lesbian cat sex will transmit Fls but cats do tend to bite when mating.