• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do you follow a Madhhab?

faroukfarouk

You see brother Union if you learnt Arabic from books and people then both has a source from where the launguage has come from.
Now if your source is corrupt then your entire interpretation is wrong.
My point is just as our enemies have corrupted hadith books then in the same way your Arabic books could also be corrupted.
The bottom line is the source.
If the source of knowledge does not come from the Messenger (PBBUH) then you are doomed.

Union

You see brother Union if you learnt Arabic from books and people then both has a source from where the launguage has come from.
Now if your source is corrupt then your entire interpretation is wrong.
My point is just as our enemies have corrupted hadith books then in the same way your Arabic books could also be corrupted.
The bottom line is the source.
If the source of knowledge does not come from the Messenger (PBBUH) then you are doomed.

Knowledge of Arabic can be ascertained from millions of sources - if one source is wrong you can verify it from the other one .It is older than the Qur'an , well preserved from pre-Islamic era . Hence it is redundant to have corruption in this language specially in the context that you are flowing the discussion to . Language is a natural science given by Almighty GOD in our tongues , in our senses and in our genes . It is coded in nations after nations for thousands of years . How that can go utterly wrong with some mortal mistakes , whether deliberately or not ? It is rare to think so .

And yes Qur'an is from the Messenger , what else source of knowledge you can think of ?

faroukfarouk

Jazakallah brother Union.
Lets look at your books.
The Quraan i will omit my question because the answer is very obvious.
Lets look at all your other books.
My question is when did these books come into existence?
Give me the year and the author of these books.

Union

Jazakallah brother Union.
Lets look at your books.
The Quraan i will omit my question because the answer is very obvious.
Lets look at all your other books.
My question is when did these books come into existence?
Give me the year and the author of these books.

Please conclude your point . I think we are hijacking this thread from OP . It is not practical here to give you the minute details of hundreds of books I read .

faroukfarouk

No brother Union we not hijacking this thread.
My point is the first Arabic dictionary came into existence well after the demise of our beloved Prophet Muhammad(PBBUH).
The question is where did the author get his knowledge from?
He has to get it from someone because its not going to fall from the sky.

Union

No brother Union we not hijacking this thread.
My point is the first Arabic dictionary came into existence well after the demise of our beloved Prophet Muhammad(PBBUH).
The question is where did the author get his knowledge from?
He has to get it from someone because its not going to fall from the sky.

Arabic language existed hundreds years before the Prophet . Please read the history of the Arabic language . Thanks .

faroukfarouk

Yes i am well aware of that but there are words in the Noble Quraan that the Arabs heard for the first time in their life.
So the question is who translated those words?

faroukfarouk

Salaams brother Union
Tell us who was the first grammarian of the Arabic language?
Tell us who was the author of the first dictionary ever written for the Arabic language?

Union

Salaams brother Union
Tell us who was the first grammarian of the Arabic language?
Tell us who was the author of the first dictionary ever written for the Arabic language?
No clue . Dictionary in what language ? Does an Arab baby learn Arabic with dictionary ?
As we know it existed way before Qur'an hence the lexicon , morphology and grammar of Arabic language must be existed during the revelation of Qur'an .

faroukfarouk

Salaams my dear brother Union.....
Not sure if you having a problem understanding my question.
Please forgive me if my question is difficult to answer.:)
Let me rephrase my question.
Give me the name of the first grammarian of the Arabic language?
Give me the name of the author of the first dictionary ever written for the Arabic language?

faroukfarouk

Salaams brothers.
The first grammarian of the Arabic language and the author of the first Arabic dictionary were known as Imams of their
time.
And the best part of it all is these Imams were students and they belong to the Madhabs from which they took their lessons.
Conclusion
Anyone who uses the books of these Imams are indirectly students of the Madhabs.
I know its difficult to accept this fact but the reality is without the knowledge that emanated from these Madhabs we could never be able to
translate the Noble Quraan today.
Salaams

The_Fisher_King

Trying to bring myself ever closer to Allah
Premium Member
Salaams brothers.
The first grammarian of the Arabic language and the author of the first Arabic dictionary were known as Imams of their
time.
And the best part of it all is these Imams were students and they belong to the Madhabs from which they took their lessons.
Conclusion
Anyone who uses the books of these Imams are indirectly students of the Madhabs.
I know its difficult to accept this fact but the reality is without the knowledge that emanated from these Madhabs we could never be able to
translate the Noble Quraan today.
Salaams

Salaam,

If you are aiming this at everyone in this thread, just to say that there has been at least one sister on here (other than me!).

Wassalaam

Farrukh

I was hanafi, deobandi, sufi before.
Now I try follow madhab written in Quran and Sunnah, here they call us Wahabi! :)

faroukfarouk

Salaams brother.
Don't be bugged by what people call you.
The Noble Quraan is very clear.
"Enjoin good and forbid evil"
Look deep into your heart brother and if you get pleasure in knocking at people doors and bringing them to the
Musjid then thats good.Continue that work it will be your salvation.
If you enjoy making Dhikr and it brings pleasure to your heart then thats good for your soul.
Continue with it because that could also be your salvation.
Bottom line brother you know the difference between good and evil.
Bottom line brother stay in the path of goodness and one thing for sure your soul will be go smiling
into Heaven.After all that is our objective in this World.
Salaams

Farrukh

if you get pleasure in knocking at people doors and bringing them to the
Musjid then thats good.Continue that work it will be your salvation.

Before bringing someone to masjid , first step is to invite him to Tawheed. If he prostrates to someone other than Allah, than is no use of going to masjid and pray.