• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do you find the teaching of eternal damnation thoroughly repulsive and the epitome of unjust?

Do you find the teaching of eternal damnation thoroughly repulsive and the epitome of unjust?

• Yes

Votes: 38 74.5%
  • No

Votes: 13 25.5%

• Total voters

ZooGirl02

I don't see it as unjust because I trust that God is infinitely perfect in every way. He is just, merciful, loving, and compassionate. Someone who goes to Hell because they committed genocide will suffer a far worse punishment than someone who goes to Hell for stealing a car.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
I cringe and grit my teeth with disgust that God would do this to people I know that aren't bad people. Their crime is they don't believe in God or accept the wrong Gods and don't accept Jesus.
So, you don't find the teaching that people will be tossed about in flames while their agonizing flesh is devoured by worms, wailing and gnashing their teeth for eternity, to be disgusting?

What is their crime for receiving such an eternity of torture? Well, not believing in this God that hides himself and refuses to say a word, not accepting Jesus as their Lord and Savior. (Excuse me while I vomit!)

We have a book that divides people and contradicts itself that Christians can't agree on it's interpretation, and that is what we have to save souls from this eternity of torture. I see people on the road to Hell every day and what do I have as a life-preserver to try and save some of these drowning people, but a book full of contradictions and easily verifiable falsehoods. I HAVE NOTHING TO OFFER THESE PEOPLE!

God won't speak up. He's watching people die and go to Hell daily and could save the souls of so many atheists by simply speaking up, and he refuses. And he will have people tortured forever and ever and ever for not believing in him. You don't find that unjust and thoroughly repulsive?? *Barf!*

I don't really believe in Heaven or Hell, but I do consider it a bit of a riddle that some kid looking at a girly magazine would get the same punishment as Hitler.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
I cringe and grit my teeth with disgust that God would do this to people I know that aren't bad people. Their crime is they don't believe in God or accept the wrong Gods and don't accept Jesus.
So, you don't find the teaching that people will be tossed about in flames while their agonizing flesh is devoured by worms, wailing and gnashing their teeth for eternity, to be disgusting?

What is their crime for receiving such an eternity of torture? Well, not believing in this God that hides himself and refuses to say a word, not accepting Jesus as their Lord and Savior. (Excuse me while I vomit!)

We have a book that divides people and contradicts itself that Christians can't agree on it's interpretation, and that is what we have to save souls from this eternity of torture. I see people on the road to Hell every day and what do I have as a life-preserver to try and save some of these drowning people, but a book full of contradictions and easily verifiable falsehoods. I HAVE NOTHING TO OFFER THESE PEOPLE!

God won't speak up. He's watching people die and go to Hell daily and could save the souls of so many atheists by simply speaking up, and he refuses. And he will have people tortured forever and ever and ever for not believing in him. You don't find that unjust and thoroughly repulsive?? *Barf!*

Remember, people still believe in these pictures. After you studied it a bit, look at christian history, unless youre severely indoctrinated, after awhile you get to the point of "really!"

We say weve progressed but if it wasnt affecting other people and our politics, it would be nothing but it is. Try seeing it from another perspective.

Attachments

• michaelangelo hell sistine.jpg
    michaelangelo hell sistine.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 66
  • c88c86d561bd5edd864c48f7e87b7a549e1c6c8c.jpg
    c88c86d561bd5edd864c48f7e87b7a549e1c6c8c.jpg
    257.8 KB · Views: 53
  • 10-best-...-Flaying-001.jpg
    10-best-...-Flaying-001.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 72

George-ananda

Advaita Vedanta, Theosophy, Spiritualism
Premium Member
What about if you hear people talk about it? It doesn't upset you? I'm sorry, it just drives me nuts! You guys are more mature and mentally sound than I am.
Hang in there and keep drilling your head with right thinking that 'some people's opinions are obsolete on some issues and I can't let that bother me'.

allfoak

Alchemist
Michelangelo's Moses is depicted with horns on his head. ... Mosesis actually described as having "rays of the skin of his face", which Jerome in the Vulgate had translated as "horns". The mistake in translation is possible because the word "keren" in the Hebrew language can mean either "radiated (light)" or "grew horns".
Rome.info > Michelangelo's Moses

I don't think it was a mistake.

Mose_Michelangelo.jpg

Aštra’el

Aštara, Blade of Aštoreth
I do not obsess about fantastical afterlife scenarios or creation myths. In fact, the concept of an afterlife is rather irrelevent to my spiritual-religious practices.

I will say this though: While I do not believe that any human experiences eternal torment in hells, I find nothing "unjust" or "repulsive" about it. May those who deserve to suffer, suffer.

Last edited by a moderator:

Spiderman

Veteran Member
That is what has been drilled into me and what I just cannot shake because it is so intelligently worded.

Have you studied our Lady of Fatima? She made those children suffer so much to atone for sin and said it was sin that was responsible for communism in Russia and World War 2...then she showed them the vision of Hell and had them do penance and suffer for sinners...I could never get that out of my head. I wish I could. I'd have a lot more peace.

Guess it's wise to not obsess about Dogmas that are bad for the mental and emotional health. Sorry!

Kirran

Premium Member
I ask you now for the second time.
Leave me alone.
I have no interest in conversing with you.
This means your responses to my posts will go unanswered unless they are abusive and then i will just report them.

RF has a feature designed for such situations - you can put a member of Ignore, and then you won't see their posts.

allfoak

Alchemist
That is what has been drilled into me and what I just cannot shake because it is so intelligently worded.

We are what we eat and think.

Changing one's physical diet takes time.
The flesh doesn't like change.

Changing one's mental diet is the same, it takes time and effort.
I can attest to the fact that one can change both.

allfoak

Alchemist
RF has a feature designed for such situations - you can put a member of Ignore, and then you won't see their posts.
So they can continue to post their abusive posts and i will be the only one not seeing them?
I don't like that feature much.
I have what i consider to be a reasonable expectation that i can post here without being followed around when i have asked for it to stop.
If it continues i will just file a formal complaint.

lostwanderingsoul

There are people who find everything God says to be repulsive. Sadly they are often the same people who want God to speak to them and show them how to live. These people are repulsive to God.

Kirran

Premium Member
There are people who find everything God says to be repulsive. Sadly they are often the same people who want God to speak to them and show them how to live. These people are repulsive to God.

God would create us and find any of us repulsive? I find the idea that God finds any of us repulsive to be utter anathema, personally. God is infinitely compassionate, as far as I am concerned.

The entire concept of “eternal damnation,” “hell” and all of that nonsense were quite late chr-stian inventions which were literally stolen from Zoroastrianism and Mithraism. Even the word “hell” itself was stolen from Norse Mythology, which Rome did not even have any form of contact with until at the very least the Sixth Century CE, and more likely a couple of centuries after that. The Roman ch-rch was burning people alive on an everyday basis for not accepting chr-stianity long before they concocted the idea of eternal fiery torment.

Because there continued to be so many people that did not want to conform to their rule, they took it a step further. Every time a “heretic” was burned at the stake they would tell the entire crowd of spectators that this is what to expect for all eternity if they did not follow the “ch-rch.”

Nothing about chr-stianity has ever been believed or accepted by Judaism, and Judaism has existed for roughly 1,500 years before chr-stianity allegedly began, and closer to 1,900 years before it was really invented.

The chr-stian concepts of “heaven” and “hell” are pagan in origin, and the very thought of such things are expressly forbidden by the God of Israel.