• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do you fear "God"?

M

Majikthise

pah said:
I fear shadows too but I carry a flashlight

What we really neeed to fear is villagers carrying pitchforks and torches.:(

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
huajiro said:
Sounds like a great religion

Thanks I like it :D
I guess my people had enough to worry about without making god something scarry to.
Most Nations also didn't believe in corporal punnishment for children either, so if a parent never spanks thier kids why should creator do it to his?

wa:do

cardero

Citizen Mod
SoulTYPE01 said:
his being in Off Topic, I presume I can go a little OT. Why is Mrs C scary, carrdero?
In the kitchen
is where Mrs. C rules
If I misbehave,
no tiramisu

No*s

Captain Obvious
huajiro said:
All my life, I have been taught to fear "God" ( I come from a mainly Christian background), and i have never been able to fear him/her. I was lead to believe that I would be punished for this, but I have a hard time believing that he/she would want this. I believe that he/she would want us to respect/love/honor him/her.

Do you agree?

I love/respect God, but I also fear Him, but not in the sense of I'm quaking in my boots that He's going to strike me with lightening. Rather, it is more like how I fear friends and authorities I respect magnified many times. When you cross this with a similar pattern of reverance/fear for nature, that's the basic idea.

I fear God in the sense that He matters to me, like a respected friend or an authority, but I also fear Him like I do nature. He isn't a man, and so, He is, and His being can benefit and harm me, and nature is my closest analogy.

I apologize if that makes no sense.

SoulTYPE

I do not see why I should fear something I don't really believe in. I mean I know He is there, or WAS there, but I just let Him do His thing with His believers whilst I do my own thing.

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
Yes. But we are talking at cross purposes.:)
(I am trying to cut down on my long-winded replies).
3 fear, reverence, awe, veneration

a profound emotion inspired by a deity; "the fear of God" (Quote from wordreference.com)

SoulTYPE

No I mean when you write: "fear=awe"

I am in awe at Feather's kindness. Does that mean I fear her? I am in awe at Circle's prettiness. Do I fear her? I am in awe of t3gah's threads (some of lol) does that mean I fear them?

I am not getting angry at you MICH, but your reference to fear equaling awe.

FyreBrigidIce

Returning Noob
I do not fear any of the Gods or Goddesses. I believe that although I make mistakes I am still loved and can be guided to improve as long as I am open to receive the guidance, accept responsibility for my actions, and learn from the mistake to not do it again. Life is a journey of learning and there is no way for anyone to know everything in one lifetime.

FBI
*getting closer to my goal of 500 posts*

SoulTYPE

Alright who fruballed me for a post in this thread? O.0, jusdging by the amount given was it you MICH.

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
I'm still going on , you know Soul; when you are in awe of somebody, or something, that person is 'full of awe' in your eyes. Aweful?. Semantics, I know, but then wasnt it you who commented on the complexity of the English language.
Reverence also surely comes under the same umbrella?:)

mrscardero

Kal-El's Mama
No*s said:
Depriving a man of food...now that is just plain mean ;).
chefkellie.gif
Depriving is such a harsh word for a woman

who loves to cook for her husband. NOW...when it comes to using my
kitchen and utensils to make his so called..."carrdero's cooking",
that is where I draw the line.
Drop the steak and stay away from my grill.
animated_laughing_dog.GIF

diningpic.jpg
And how can carrdero resist my cooking?

The one thing he might fear is an empty plate and asking me:
"Dear? Where's dinner?"

mrscardero

Kal-El's Mama
SoulTYPE01 said:
Mrs C didn't you cook in my first story?
Yup yup yup....or should I say...Yumm Yumm Yumm.

I forgot to type that I don't fear GOD.

I fear using the wrong spices.