• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do you expect the President to tell the truth tonight?

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
yes.

I have...just as an example...seen the difference between demonstrations held by the right and the left.

In my town.

When the 'left' held a demonstration, police cars were overturned and defecated upon. Property was destroyed to the point that years later, the city is still attempting to restore the park to usefulness. Millions of dollars of damages.

When the 'right' held a demonstration, they left the park in better shape than they found it.

Has the 'right' denigrated some people on the left? Sure. there are some jerks there.

But the left goes considerably further than that. As far as I can tell, the right stops at words.

The left does not.
As opposed to right-wing rallies where people end up being run over and murdered?

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
That's all you have?

(snort)

Two examples?

and you had to go back how many years?

.......and I notice that you didn't mention WHY Rakeem Jones was being led out of the rally.

did you forget that part?

No sir.

I have seen far too many demonstrations from the left, BY the left... I'm not impressed by you.
Did you just brush off murder, with a snort?

Wow.

Last edited:

dianaiad

Two examples in two years, just off the top of my head and because I didn't want to waste too much time.

So you justify a citizen sucker punching a person while he is defenseless in the custody of the police. That's violence and cowardice.

So you justify a RightWinger driving a car into a crowd to maim and kill as many liberals as possible. I'll bet you are horrified when a Muslim drives his car into a crowd of people to maim and kill. Hypocrisy is not beneath you, is it?

You criticize me for posting only two examples. You have posted none.

So if posting two examples gets me a rating of "not impressed" then posting none must get you a rating of "way less than not impressed". Actually, you do impress me. You impress me as the type of person who posts BS and then cannot back it up. A lot of you Ultra Conservative Ultra Religious types do that a lot.

And there you have the difference between the 'right' and the left. I have not insulted you in any way.

But you respond with...the above.

Very, very typical of what I was talking about. Hypocrisy reigns supreme.

dianaiad

As opposed to right-wing rallies where people end up being run over and murdered?

I do not justify that.

I do not condone that.

But ..

Steve Scalise and three others.

Antifa

I gave an example of the sort of demonstrations engaged in by the two sides, that I personally witnessed (and had to deal with the clean up for).

THAT, all by itself, cemented my opinion about which side is escalating the violence.

dianaiad

Did you just brush off murder, with a snort?

Wow.

No.

I do not condone nor justify that.

However....the fact that nobody died when Hodgkinson shot up the baseball field (that is, nobody but the shooter) wasn't HODGKINSON'S fault. He tried hard enough.

Does the fact that he failed in his aim mean he didn't do it, or was only joking?

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
No.

I do not condone nor justify that.

However....the fact that nobody died when Hodgkinson shot up the baseball field (that is, nobody but the shooter) wasn't HODGKINSON'S fault. He tried hard enough.

Does the fact that he failed in his aim mean he didn't do it, or was only joking?
You did brush it off. And then did it again just now. Apparently you think leaving garbage behind is somehow worse than running someone over with a car??

ecco

Veteran Member
And there you have the difference between the 'right' and the left. I have not insulted you in any way.

But you respond with...the above.

If you make hypocritical comments, then you should not be insulted when I point it out.

In my town.

When the 'left' held a demonstration, police cars were overturned and defecated upon. Property was destroyed to the point that years later, the city is still attempting to restore the park to usefulness. Millions of dollars of damages.

When the 'right' held a demonstration, they left the park in better shape than they found it.

You still haven't posted anything to verify what you said is something that actually happened.

dianaiad

If you make hypocritical comments, then you should not be insulted when I point it out.

You still haven't posted anything to verify what you said is something that actually happened.

then I suggest you read my posts.

Because I most certainly did.

ecco

Veteran Member
ecco:
You still haven't posted anything to verify what you said is something that actually happened.​
then I suggest you read my posts.

Because I most certainly did.
I am referring to your post regarding something that happened in your hometown. If you subsequently posted anything to confirm that, please be good enough to show the post #.

dianaiad

ecco:
You still haven't posted anything to verify what you said is something that actually happened.​

I am referring to your post regarding something that happened in your hometown. If you subsequently posted anything to confirm that, please be good enough to show the post #.

Oh for heaven's sake. Just look at any comparison between "Occupy Wall Street" demonstrations (which almost always turned violent and ALWAYS left chaos and vandalism in their wakes) and the Tea Party, which, although there were some abusive behavior, almost always left their venues in better shape than they were found, limited their 'abuses' to words (crashing Obama-care rallies, etc.,) and did NOT trash police property and attack police or other officials.

...and Los Angeles is a prime example of just that.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
...and you just brushed off the attempted murder of a bunch of Republican congress members.
No. That was just your attempt to deflect away from my post where I pointed out that you brushed off murder with a "snort" in your attempt to portray the "Left" as much worse than the "Right."

ecco

Veteran Member
Oh for heaven's sake. Just look at any comparison between "Occupy Wall Street" demonstrations (which almost always turned violent and ALWAYS left chaos and vandalism in their wakes) and the Tea Party, which, although there were some abusive behavior, almost always left their venues in better shape than they were found, limited their 'abuses' to words (crashing Obama-care rallies, etc.,) and did NOT trash police property and attack police or other officials.

...and Los Angeles is a prime example of just that.
Uh huh...

All the following came from Googling "tea party demonstrations"
Conservatives forget history in discrediting Trump protesters

Obama’s election in 2008 was preceded and followed by violent attacks and property destruction targeted against minorities.

Kaylon Johnson, an African American campaign worker for Obama, wasphysically assaulted for wearing an Obama T-shirt in Louisiana following the 2008 election. The three white male attackers shouted “**** Obama!” and “****** president!” as they broke Johnson’s nose and fractured his eye-socket, requiring surgery.

More frequently, Obama’s presidency was marked by effigies of our first black president hanging from nooses across the country, for example in Kentucky, Washington State, and Maine, or being burned around the world. What Trump supporters fail to remember is that following Obama’s election, property was destroyed across the country, for example in Pennsylvania, Texas, and North Carolina, and a predominately black church was torched in Massachusetts.

In 2008, anti-Obama protesters lashed out against minorities because of their discontentment with a black man being voted into the office of president for the first time in our nation’s history. Conversely, in 2016, anti-Trump protesters are holding mostly peaceful demonstrations because of their discontentment with a man, who has ostracized minorities, being voted into the office of president.

And while anti-Trump protesters have engaged in mostly peaceful demonstrations against the president-elect, pro-Trump supporters have been responsible for a wave of attacks against Muslims, Latinos, blacks, and the LGBT community.

Violent Tea Party Mob Attacks Media. (Raw)
Violence at Tea Party rally: bare-knuckle politics in the streets
A Tea Party protest against immigration reform in Fort Lauderdale, Fla., Saturday descended into fisticuffs, showing the tensions between America’s political extremes.

leibowde84

Veteran Member
What part of 'stopped paying attention' slipped your attention?

I don't care.

I have figured out three things:

All politicians lie.
Their supporters will back them to the hilt.
their critics will lie like rugs to destroy them.

None of 'em give a hoot about what the country needs.

To be honest, I'm more likely to judge a politician's credibility..not by what s/he says, but by how desperately the opposition wants him/her OUT and what they are willing to accuse him/her of, and what they are willing to put the rest of us through in order to get rid of whoever.

So right this minute I'm not happy with the left.

I'm not happy with the right, either, but I do think that the left is being a bit more nasty and dishonest.
More nasty and dishonest than the Trump Administration?