• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do you ever...

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
...lose your phone and you finally find it and you don't remember why you were looking for it in the first place?

Not the phone but my keys were forever taking a hike into strange places im sure i never put them so i bought a key finder. Now i just clap or whistle and my key finder makes a cheerful screaming noise.

And the kids have so much fun clapping and whistling when i take them out...

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
...lose your phone and you finally find it and you don't remember why you were looking for it in the first place?

• Alcohol: Drinking alcohol can have a negative effect on memory, so it is best to stick to no more than one or two drinks per day.
  • Depression: Common symptoms of depression include low mood and loss of interest, but difficulty concentrating and forgetfulness can also occur with depressive disorders.
  • Lack of sleep: Sleep plays an important role in memory consolidation, so a lack of quality sleep can have a negative impact on your memory.
  • Medications: Some medications can affect memory including antidepressants, sedatives, and cold and allergy medications.
  • Stress: Excessive stress, both acute and chronic, can also play a role in causing forgetfulness.
https://www.verywellmind.com/explanations-for-forgetting-2795045

Me, I usually blame old age.
I gets one or two sympathetic stares.

Last edited:

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
  • Alcohol: Drinking alcohol can have a negative effect on memory, so it is best to stick to no more than one or two drinks per day.
  • Depression: Common symptoms of depression include low mood and loss of interest, but difficulty concentrating and forgetfulness can also occur with depressive disorders.
  • Lack of sleep: Sleep plays an important role in memory consolidation, so a lack of quality sleep can have a negative impact on your memory.
  • Medications: Some medications can affect memory including antidepressants, sedatives, and cold and allergy medications.
  • Stress: Excessive stress, both acute and chronic, can also play a role in causing forgetfulness.
https://www.verywellmind.com/explanations-for-forgetting-2795045

Me, I usually blame old age.
I gets one or two sympathetic stares.
It might not be old age though I am old. Not so modern old, but a hundred years ago, old.

I am 65. In modern terms, youngish.

I sleep. I do not know how well my sleep is because I am asleep.

No medication.

Very little stress. I know when I am feeling stress. It is when I can hear myself swallow. It doesn't happen often. I hate it.

I almost never feel depressed. It might not be that.

Oh, dear! That leaves alcohol. I wonder if AA might help with overcoming my forgetfullness?

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
It might not be old age though I am old. Not so modern old, but a hundred years ago, old.

I am 65. In modern terms, youngish.

I sleep. I do not know how well my sleep is because I am asleep.

No medication.

Very little stress. I know when I am feeling stress. It is when I can hear myself swallow. It doesn't happen often. I hate it.

I almost never feel depressed. It might not be that.

Oh, dear! That leaves alcohol. I wonder if AA might help with overcoming my forgetfullness?

I really hate when I forget someone's name. A person I see almost daily for a year or so. Knowing I know the name but can't pull it to the surface. The harder I try, the further it escapes.

Then, sometime later, when I've stopped trying to remember, it comes to me. Pops in my head, easy as pie.