• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do you ever see a plethoras of repeated numbers related to your religious view?

Jumi

Yes. I remember seeing 1337 quite a lot back when it was (supposedly) cool, it happens because we remember things that are "meaningful" to us and forget that we looked at the watch many times before we suddenly realized it was 13:37.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Tim Tebow put John 3:16 under his eyes with a sharpie in a big playoff game and 94 million people googlesd John 3:16

3 years later his game beating the Steelers he gained throwing 316 yards 3.16 yards/rush 31.6 yards/completion / 31.06 sec times of possession rating for night 31.6

Do you consider such things coincidence?
I see it as a motivator for him. Motivation helps people.

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
Tim Tebow put John 3:16 under his eyes with a sharpie in a big playoff game and 94 million people googlesd John 3:16

3 years later his game beating the Steelers he gained throwing 316 yards 3.16 yards/rush 31.6 yards/completion / 31.06 sec times of possession rating for night 31.6

It's a cognitive bias called Baader-Meinhof Phenomenon. It works similarly to how when you buy a certain model of car, you start noticing more of the same model on the road.

arthra

Baha'i
There are references in the Baha'i Faith to a system of numbers and specifically to the Abjad reckoning. The numerical value of names has significance. There's an excellent essay on the subject online:

Overview of the Abjad numerological system

The number "9" has significance for Baha'is.

"The numerical value of Baha' (bahá') would in either eastern or western Islamic version of abjad total to nine (9), as follows: b= 2, h= 5, á (a with accent in transliteration)= 1, hamza (')= 1 TOTAL: 9"

- From the online essay cited above.

Number nine contains all the digits from one to nine and number five from one to five which when added respectively will be:

1 + 2 + 3 + 4 + 5+ 6 + 7 + 8 + 9 = 45

1 + 2 + 3 + 4 + 5 = 15

"Now the name of Adam and Eve in the Oriental scripts are written as follows: ADM and HWA the numerical values of which are as follows respectively.

A = 1
D = 4
M = 40

45 H = 8
W = 6
A = 1

Explanation of the Symbol of the Greatest Name

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Vicki and I went to a movie last night at a 16-plex. One of the 16 films was Bizet's opera Carmen. I mentioned to Vicki that an opera seemed out of place in a popular, general interest theater.
We went to a different movie.

Later, during the endless, pre-film commercials and previews, there was an unconnected cut of the toreador song in some unconnected context.
Later, as part of the main feature itself, there was an even longer cut of the same song, from a different theater company.

One film of the opera and two unrelated cuts from different performances within three hours.
A cosmic sign?
No, just a coincidence.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.

Coincidences are pretty commonplace.

whirlingmerc

Vicki and I went to a movie last night at a 16-plex. One of the 16 films was Bizet's opera Carmen. I mentioned to Vicki that an opera seemed out of place in a popular, general interest theater.
We went to a different movie.

Later, during the endless, pre-film commercials and previews, there was an unconnected cut of the toreador song in some unconnected context.
Later, as part of the main feature itself, there was an even longer cut of the same song, from a different theater company.

One film of the opera and two unrelated cuts from different performances within three hours.
A cosmic sign?
No, just a coincidence.

Coincidence