• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do you cover your head in your spiritual tradition?

NoraSariah

As Mormons, no, we don't cover our heads. Many do because of their culture or some other reason, but where I live, we don't.

Treks

I'm getting really sick of my family teasing me or saying my religion is oppressive because I choose to cover my head/hair. >: (

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic ☿
Premium Member
Doesn't true humility come from the inside, and not from the outside? :confused: What happens when a head covering becomes a pridefully worn status symbol, just to be seen by others?

quizas

It was found that covered women is less to be attract to men
As a result men will not bother her when she walked in street

Good for you

There is benefit for covering head

It also protect your hair from dirts
As well as it protect you head from sun

And so many other benefits

LastXercesBlue

I roughly label myself (when I must have a label) as a "nondenominational Pagan" and I do find something... how should I put it?... special? magical? about wearing a head covering during prayer or ritual. It just feels right. Except for when it doesn't feel right, in which case, I don't cover. :p

Any Pagans hanging around the blogosphere about a year ago might recall some scuttlebutt about Pagan women who wear head coverings and how wrong and oppressive and anti-Pagan it is. For anyone who wasn't aware, yes, some women (and some men, I presume) of various Pagan traditions (and non-traditions) do cover their heads, some just for worship and some full-time even in public, for a variety of reasons. I can't think of a single tradition that would require it, though.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
I have been known to don a Holy Marvin the Martian baseball cap when pruning large trees or working outside on very hot days. It's more just a good idea rather than a requirement.

images

Kilgore Trout

Misanthropic Humanist
Unfortunately, my massive brain utilizes enormous amounts of energy which, in turn, creates too much heat for my head to be covered.