• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do you cook?

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
I'm no great cook, but I do cook fairly often, and deciding to learn to do so was one of the best decisions I ever took.

The joy of caring for oneself and others in that specific way is one of the most genuine in life. Also one of the most solid. There is much to be said about the practical value of having achievements that are tangible and of undeniable use.

Opening the fridge to begin to taste the fruit of one's own efforts is also a significant joy all on its own.

Then there is playing with spices, forms of preparation, arrangements, combinations and ingredients. There is a significant creative element in cooking. Again, a very genuine one.

It does not hurt that it saves money, either.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
I have actually never owned a pot or something to cook with. So no, i don't cook.

You?

Yes I cook. I make lots of interesting salads, and can make a few Indian dishes. It's not difficult. You can cook. You just haven't cooked.