• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do you consider drinking a "sin"... Christians only

Bishka

Veteran Member
TheTruthWillSetUFree said:
Proverbs 20:1

You know instead of just quoting scripture and expecting everyone, including non-Christians to know what the heck you are talking about, how about you actually type a response out.

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
TheTruthWillSetUFree said:
Proverbs 20:1

"Led astray" is the key phrase here. Alcoholics are led astray. Those who get drunk are in danger of being led astray. Even doctors prescribe a glass of red wine for heart health.

Scuba Pete

Le plongeur avec attitude...
The Apostle Paul ALSO told Timothy to drink a glass of wine to calm his nerves. I guess Paul is heading for hell! NOT!

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
NetDoc said:
The Apostle Paul ALSO told Timothy to drink a glass of wine to calm his nerves. I guess Paul is heading for hell! NOT!

I suppose that depends on whether he recommended Paul Masson, with a screw-cap, or a '62 Rothschild...

joeboonda

The bible says to be filled with the Holy Spirit and not drunk on wine. Now, we can drink I believe, but when we drink so much that the 'wine' controls us then it is a sin. I probably drink too much, so I think on it alot. There are warnings on drinking in excess, so moderation would have to be the answer. I think each person, listening to the Holy Spirit, will know for themselves how much or none or whatever to imbibe. Now my wife will tell you I'm an alcoholic, but I'm not cuz they go to meetings. Ah, well, life experience will best teach you, hangovers and doing embarassing stuff is not good. My advice, avoid it if you can, and use in moderation if you do. That's all I know folks, and I may be wrong. I know the muslims are the tee-totaler religion, but I do not believe Christians are. We are to be in control, and temperate in all things, but are at liberty to do what we will but all things are not expedient are they? Okay, rambling, love to all, cya's
Mike