• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do you consider Chaos magic to be LHP?

Do you consider Chaos Magic to be LHP?

• Yes

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • No

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Kinda but not really

Votes: 2 28.6%

• Total voters

SabahTheLoner

Master of the Art of Couch Potato Cuddles
Just curious as to others' thoughts on the topic.

I personally think that it could be considered LHP because it's a highly experimental path. It also has no dogma, just theory.

Here until I storm off again
Premium Member
Inherently? No, chaos magic can be either right or left hand path.

Liu

I would say that it is inherently LHP in so far as it considers no tradition to be the one truth but instead considers beliefs to be tools for reaching one's personal goals.
I wonder how one could be a RHP-chaos-magician at all.

Mindmaster

Premium Member
Just curious as to others' thoughts on the topic.

I personally think that it could be considered LHP because it's a highly experimental path. It also has no dogma, just theory.

No, because it doesn't have a belief system or philosophy other than that any of those are toys. People here will debate what is the LHP all day, but I'd say you need:

1) Antinomianism (rejection of status quo)
2) Personal Anarchism (belief in self-rule)
3) If spiritual involvement with "dark" entities/beings, henosis/worship, etc., as an act of rejection of the spiritual mainstream. (The rejection part is important...)
4) If philosophical not spiritual, the focus being on the freedom from the shackles of spirituality/moral relativism, etc.

Chaos magick techniques are pretty useful to some degree even if you are a theist, but obviously they aren't involved in the other points I've mentioned above. Chaote's tend to have no real beliefs, but rather assume them temporarily for a purpose. They pretend while people who really are on the LHP are full-time. :D

VioletVortex

Chaos magic is a standalone practice-its not necessarily correlated with any particular religion or category of thereof. It is generally performed in relation to the LHP however, it doesn't have to be associated with it. I voted "kind of but not really".

Orias

Left Hand Path
You're left is my right. But you're right is my left.

If chaos is effortless, I guess that's what counts. It doesn't matter which hand uses it .